View Poll Results: Should I keep using my Blackberry?

Voters
57. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yes

55 96.49%
  • No

2 3.51%
  • Maybe

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I need some help maybe even counseling, but for any ealry Christmas gift I have ... General Blackberry forum

khinton94 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Why my Blackberry?

Advertisement

I need some help maybe even counseling, but for any ealry Christmas gift I have received a Palm Treo. I am trying to decide if I should use it or keep my Blackberry. It is hard but they both have good and bad points to them. Can anyone help me come to my senses?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Why my Blackberry?

post your ideas of pros and cons here, we can *try* to help you. But I would say stick with the BB. Palm is dying (as in going down hill each quarter)

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74

Keep the treo for your media needs. But out of the two, I would keep the Berry!
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I doubt you'll get an unbiased answer here, but I agree that you should list your needs (pros and cons), and probably which Treo you have.

SanaTizer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249e3b2f

Other than the Treo having a touch screen (ex treo 650 owner), I don't see any advantages with the Palm OS that the blackberry can't do equally as well. I will say software selection on the blackberry is not as extensive as the palm, but the blackberry is MUCH more stable. That's one of the primary reasons I left palm (also lack of innovation) and windows mobile, Stability is key for a phone.

You didn't specify what treo model you are looking at either. The 750 has 3g and the Blackberry does not. My vote is for the Blackberry.

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Don't do it.....Keep ahold of your berry!

joechris no está en línea Stack level 2

I have and still use both Treo 750 and BB Curve. And yes there are pros and cons to both. I (at 1 point) stopped using the blackberry (7290) and was using nothing but the Treo 650. This was because there was no real multimedia functions to the backberry. It was just an email machine. I will admit, with the bb I didn't have to worry about the constant reboots and freezing that the Treo is Notoriously known for, but it had a camera, memory card slot, touch screen.. Yada yada yada.. But the Blackberries of today have come a LONG WAY. And I will be the First to say I will NEVER replace a Blackberry with a Treo ever again. The newer Blackberries offers you everything a Treo can and more. But the newer Treos still can not offer you a stable OS. Newer Treos still Crash, Freeze and Reboots few times a day. Keep the BB.

slater no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c95540

A friend of mine with a treo tells me he wishes he had my bb all the time....
    Check out my art at http://slater101.deviantart.com

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec

Love the berry stable and my favorite you can customize it to make it your own ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

StephenGuy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30636d59

I really hope you weren't looking for an honest answer when comparing to a BB on a BB website...

I obviously voted to keep your BB, I've played with treos and vs the BB there was no comparison for already stated reasons.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

This topic has been asked many times and the answer always ends at BB. There are too many pros for BB against the Treo.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

windows mobile. is the worst platform/os ive ever tried,used,tested. bar none. if you enjoy alot of delay in multitasking, programs running unknowingly, unpushed email, constant freezing, then the treo is good. ive used a treo and a blackberry for some time and after about 2 months with a treo. i wanted to throw it at a wall. the blackberry. any blackberry, trumps any and every phone i have ever used. hands down.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX View Post
    windows mobile. is the worst platform/os ive ever tried,used,tested. bar none. if you enjoy alot of delay in multitasking, programs running unknowingly, unpushed email, constant freezing, then the treo is good. ive used a treo and a blackberry for some time and after about 2 months with a treo. i wanted to throw it at a wall. the blackberry. any blackberry, trumps any and every phone i have ever used. hands down.
    Amen Nicky
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

pearlywhites35 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    206942CE

Well, I'm not 'officially' a BB owner yet (upgrading to the Pearl on Thurs) but I have been a Treo 680 user for the past 4 years. While I like the functionality of the Treo, I've done my research and see that the BB can be just as functional.
    I'm tired of the bulky size of the Treo...and the 'crashes'. I do use a lot of 3rd party software, but it's not a make-or-break deal issue. BB seems to offer comparable software for what I need. My only concern was syncing with Outlook, which apparently isn't an issue thanks to the friendly, helpful responses I received for my post on that very topic.

I agree with Cliff's post - Treo is a dying breed. During the time that I've owned my Treo, I've never come across another user...EVERYONE uses a BB.
    If you can't BEAT 'em....JOIN 'em!! I'm converting!

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3

Before becoming a Crackberry addict, for me the decision was all about money. I'm saved about $30 a month over AT&T, just to switch to T-Mobile and then found out that full service (unlimited email/Internet) was only $20...it's $40 for a Palm, or other similar device.

Now that I'm hooked, I sure hope they don't up the rate because I'd just have to pay it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast