Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok so im going to buy my first ever Blackberry. I have at least made ... General Blackberry forum

bully74uk no está en línea Stack level 1

Why is it so difficult to decide which BB as my 1st ?

Advertisement

Ok so im going to buy my first ever Blackberry. I have at least made my mind up about that.

My first instinct was the Bold. Its got everything apart from touchscreen which im not (or wasn't) that fussed about.
    I tried one in the hand, concluded that it didn't seem "that big" and thought "yeh, I think im going to go with that"......

Then I started reading about the Curve 8900. Smaller form factor than Bold, same nice screen, better camera spec, but no 3G which I dont think will concern me too much as I can use WiFi or Edge in most places im likely to need internet away from home, hotels etc. So today I went into the Vodafone shop, tried one in the hand, typed a message with it and "yeh, I prefer the size and it looks nice so I think I will go for this instead of the Bold"

Shop Assistant - " Have you seen the Storm"
    Me - "Only very briefly just a minute ago"
    Shop Assistant - "Ok fred here will give you a demo"

Conclusion - CONFUSED !

The storm did look quite cool and the lag that Ive read about didn't seem that bad. Typing seemed quite easy but a little fiddly to make corrections etc.

Why did they make three phones that all have there good points but lack one thing over the other ?

Think I will probably go for the 8900 but making a choice is really beating me up !

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    if you want a fun, kool, "make your friends jealous" blackberry then go with the storm. If your gonna use it for business, heavy emailing and texting then go with the curve or bold. I had the curve 8330 and still think its the best BB I ever had. Now I have the storm and I do love it but if I were going to use it for work or something like that then I would go back to my curve.

Hope this helps....

Bri
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I have the need for wifi and 3g (although my carrier doesn't have 3g)... So I went with the bold...

Can't deal with touch screen for too long... I need to type a lot, and its just not feesable...

the curve lost face with me for one simple reason... I wanted the ability for 3g as it becomes available, and that would have made the 8900 a bad investment for 2 years (as we have to pay full retail for devices here in pakistan)...

Hope that helps...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Skeptical at first about leaving my red ATT 8310 for the Bold, but I'm glad I took the plunge. The 9000 is everything I want out of a Blackberry and more. You will not be disappointed. Just my take. Good luck, you cant go wrong with any of the 3 you mentioned.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Its always difficult because you lock yourself in with the choice you make. The curve is a all around great device, the bold I would love to give a shot at, the storm, I'm just not sure about the touch screen business on a permanant basis. Good luck I'm sure whatever you choose it will be worth is cause its a bb

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Rizzleman716 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C680E5
    Go with the storm, or 8900. Read up about them and choose which you want more.

rajafarhan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F44149
    Go for the bold I saw my friend drop it infront of me and it didn't crack rugged phone as well. And its got the right amount of features.
    Peace

PIN/ID
    ask me
    The force is strong in you... And its calling for a BOLD step in your life...

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    I have the 8830WE. In April I will be adding the Storm.
    My opinion for business?
    NOTHING is more rock solid and dependable than the 8830WE!
    NOTHING!
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    The force is strong in you... And its calling for a BOLD step in your life...
    The "Force"!
    I'm glad you recognized my latest avatar!
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I use my Storm for business. I can type as fast or faster on it than I could on my curve. With the latest beta on here, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Its fast and smooth.

bully74uk no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the replies
    Whilst I think the Storm has a certain wow factor I think it would be seen by some of my iphone friends as an attempt to match their handsets and whilst I think its a worthy phone, I don't think the storm compares. So if I wanted "that kind" of handset I think I would be better off paying my money and getting an iphone.

I think ive made my mind up to go with the 8900.

I think the size of the bold is just a "tad" too big for me and as im not going to be a power user, I don't think I can justify the size.

The curve will do everything I want from a handset. Im not going to be power surfing and I don't "need" to receive emails when on a call etc so the lack of 3G shouldn't bother me.

You're getting a BB, that's all that matters.
    Congrats on getting a new phone!
    Hope it serves your needs well.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Good choice... I'm not biased in the least

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Well there ya have it...
    As long as its a blackberry its all good...
    Enjoy your curve...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast