i just got a new BB and noticed it will turn it off on its ... General Blackberry forum

voodooray no está en línea Stack level 1

why does it shut down from time to time?

Advertisement

i just got a new BB and noticed it will turn it off on its own from time to time. anyone knows how to fix it?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    What did you get? New, used, ...could this be a weak battery problem? Other? What are your other symptoms?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

new? not too sure. I bought a new one a few month ago and had it unlocked so I can use in Taiwan. After I got back home, the phone can not go online anymore so Tmobile just replaced another one for me last week.

So far, I only noticed the power off problem, but it is Always searching for signals....
    Hope it is only the battery problem

If it's ALWAYS searching for a signal it sounds like you either don't have a good signal (so it's always trying to connect) OR you may have a bad handset - it could be refurbished since it was replaced.

The reason I asked is just trying to determine, or eliminate the possibility, whether you had maybe bought a used one that COULD have a very used battery in it and, therefore, couldn't hole a charge. In that case it might turn off after a short while.

Do you know for sure that you have a good strong signal where you spend most of your time?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I know the battery was brand new, cause I did purchase a new phone.
    I did not hve good signals in my new place, however when I use the signal test on T mobile website, it shows my place should have 5 bars....

I just want my phone to work and be my friend again.....:cry:

YOu can't necessarily trust what is "supposed to be" on the carrier maps - when I was with T-Mobile their map showed very weak signal at my house but in reality it was full bars, even though it was GPRS instead of EDGE.

Here's how you tell: press and hold the alt key and, while holding, key n, m, l, l. That will change your signal bars to a number - the lower the number the stronger the signal. As I recall, numbers approaching 100 aren't very good. Good luck.

Maybe an expert can verify that my memory is accurate.

jzoz01 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Back to the OP, my curve was doing the same thing. It would constantly just reboot, sometimes while idle and somtimes while i was using it. Typically it is caused by some type of data corruption. You can get a hold of RIM and they will send you a java loader application that will wipe the handheld and reinstall the OS. Seems to have worked for me so far.