Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Let me start off by saying that I am a new addict. I got my ... General Blackberry forum

germy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241bb585

Question Why BlackBerry

Advertisement

Let me start off by saying that I am a new addict. I got my 8700g just over a month ago and I have never been so obsessed or so in love with a phone. My wife hates it. I am not a 'pro' user, I don't use BES, just BIS.

My question is this, to the rest of you addicts: Why a BB like the 8700 over a phone like the Moto Q/Samsung Blackjack when they play media, are super thin and have 'cameras'?

Personally for me I don't want to use Windows Mobile, I feel that the BB OS is much better then Windows Mobile (then again I'm a Mac user so I may be biased there).

Even for pro/BES users now, ActiveSync these days provides push-email to Windows Mobile devices. . . .

I'm not saying I want to switch, I just want to hear other people's opinions.

DesertBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Why BlackBerry

The new Blackberries Pearl and Curve have media players and cameras. Windows Mobile may be more versitale (for word and excel) but my BB is simple and never have any real issues

PIN/ID
    241bb585

I know the Pearl/Curve has the media player and cameras, thats why I said 'like the 8700'.

I agree that it is simple, and I love that about it.

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

PIN/ID
    241bb585

So I guess another question would be this:

A MotoQ user could say to a BB user, "My phone is thinner, plays media, has a camera and push-email, yours can have push-email if your company wants to pay for BES, doesn't have a camera, can't play media and is bulky, and if its so simple then why is it so big?"

How would you respond to this/

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Mine "just works", does yours?

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    241bb585

Beautiful :-)

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re : Why BlackBerry

Most of the BB user that use the 8700 are business user so no need for multimedia capabilities or camera, they need to have a good phone with great voice quality, an organizer that works when needed and be able to received their email when they need it not 3 hours later
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

BlackBerries are much, much more practical and "useable" in real life. The Calendar, Messages, and Address Book are actually aps you can reference to. I use an older model 7290, and I like the spread-out QWERTY of these older units, cuz I'm 6'5" tall and have big ol' thumbs!! To me it seems that BkackBerries are designed for use, whereas the others seem to be designed to appeal to the masses. I was actually a bit disappointed to see BB start making models with cameras -- but that's just me!

tj2311111 Guest

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I don't own a 8700 so I won't comment on why I chose it over so and so. But it seems like your trying to justify/reinforce your decision to get a BB. Are you sure your not having doubts about not picking up one of the other phones?

PIN/ID
    241bb585

Honestly I don't really 'care' about watching videos on my phone, I have my iPod and don't even really put videos on that. Sure every now and then you might have a video you want to take around and show people but. . .yeah.

The camera is something I want, but don't need. My previous phone (Samsung T509) had one and my wife and I would take pictures while at work and send them to each other when we're bored. . . . I miss it sometimes but its not a huge deal.

I see what you mean about the RIM making BB's with cameras, and in that way appealing to a larger audience.

I started using Mac's in 2001, and got an iPod as well. Neither of them were 'trendy' like they are now and I felt special having them, and now its like I'm ashamed to have an iPod in public because its so freakin trendy.

My bb may be thicker then my brothers MotoQ but I got the holster so it doesn't really matter. :-)

PIN/ID
    241bb585

No, I'm not having doubts per-se, I love my BB, and yeah, I am trying to 'justify' it in some way, but beyond that I wouldn't and do NOT want to use a Windows Mobile device regardless. My BB is simple and thats the way I like it. I just want to hear other people's reasonings on their choice of the BB over a WM device.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone
    BlackBerries are much, much more practical and "useable" in real life. The Calendar, Messages, and Address Book are actually aps you can reference to. I use an older model 7290, and I like the spread-out QWERTY of these older units, cuz I'm 6'5" tall and have big ol' thumbs!! To me it seems that BkackBerries are designed for use, whereas the others seem to be designed to appeal to the masses. I was actually a bit disappointed to see BB start making models with cameras -- but that's just me!
    i don't see how the "blackjack" appeals to anyone! that phone is hideous!!

PIN/ID
    241bb585

God, the blackjack is ugly. The Q isn't so bad and although the Blackjack is the same thing, I don't know what they where thinking with their variation of it, ugh.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

yeah, hahaha, whoever bought a blackjack obviously didn't give a hoot about aestetics!

at least with my pearl, i can look cool while surfing the net or checking emails or instant messaging, etc. lol

PIN/ID
    241bb585

Just read an article on the new 'Curve' coming to T-Mobile in September. . . .http://blackberrycool.com/2007/06/29/004976/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast