Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Very interesting points by all. It is very true, the cost that it takes to ... General Blackberry forum

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Advertisement

Very interesting points by all. It is very true, the cost that it takes to pay these developers to make these apps, and then have a low download count because the media helped "kill" the BlackBerry platform causing many to jump to something that they aren't happy with but because everyone else has one they just stick with it.
    But something else to consider is this.....
    I do a number of things for a living and one thing I do on the side is work with many ecommerce sites and making sure consumers can place orders and navigate the sites with ease. Sometimes I do speak with customers and the #1 problem I see are people trying to browse on an iphone and ipad to browse or place an order and they can not due to the way the iphone/ipads browser functions. I usually recommend the customer to use the app for that company if they have one and not to use the browser (because it simply isn't that good). The browser on the galaxy devices are subpar as well (yes they do a lot) however, I have a photoblog that is dedicated to BlackBerry (essentially all my pics are taken from nothing but BlackBerry devices and haven't been edited in anyway shape or form to show off the strength and the beauty of the camera (pics range from as early as the 8320 all the way to my dev alpha) but on a galaxy when pulling it up it doesn't actually display my theme properly it shows a mobile version of the website, while my BlackBerry displays the full site. So I've said all that too say that they have a lot of these apps exist simply because going to the website will not work out as smoothly as using an app. Even though it is suppose to be a better quality device and everyone should have one. The BlackBerry yes does have limitations but I have been able to complete shopping online, writing and posting online all from my device without the use of the app. But with the new platform coming out and the 15,000 apps ported over at the port-a-thon, and the thousands of more apps that have been developed by the devs seeded with devalphas and those without, as well as the port-a-thon coming up in a week I KNOW we will see a change in the app environment.
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome back, Jonny and thanks for the input!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Welcome back, Jonny and thanks for the input!
    no problem! never really left though, still here!
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12