Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think I'll stay with bb a little longer. I am from the days of ... General Blackberry forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Advertisement

I think I'll stay with bb a little longer. I am from the days of the brick cellphones, when we thought it was great that you could make acall when mobile . So a few little problems can be weathered, I stll like the e-mail, how solid the phones are, the keypads, and the fact I can use the phone worldwide. If I get an Iphone I'll never stop playing with it, that's a big downside . I can still put my BB down and turn it off!

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Antgod View Post
    You'll turn on your next phone to, its human nature!
    At least RIM will have your money to turn around and sell you the same device next year. Good luck with that.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I have the blessing of owning a few BB's and using them, I also have the latest Nokia N97, the iPhone 3Gs, an original iPhone, the iPhone 3G, the HTC Touch Diamond 2, and an old HP WM 2003 - and I use all of them.I love to reminisce ... I am about to get a Droid. I never get rid of phones I buy, I love to collect them.
    But since I bought my first BB (8707V which I still have and once i a while still switch it on and use it) I admire the way this dinosaur still manages to function at full tilt. Unlike the others I don't waste much time setting things up when I decide to use it! And it's still pleasurable.
    This to say: I'm a BB fan - I still haven't found a phone that I can use freely and efficiently throughout Europe (many, many carriers with constant swapping while in roaming) like a BB, whatever the model.

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    It's good to have choices.[/QUOTE] That what I try to tell my girlfriend ,lol. I get it shop around, I guess its time to get iphone there the best.
    " B safe "

JaidedFocus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    262A279E
    I guess my main gripe hasn't really been with RIM but rather with T-Mobile for not really having a huge selection of phones I'd like. Also the fact that they only have one BB with 3G which is the 9700 and came out right after I upgraded to the 8900. I could have gotten the 9700 but I figured might as well get my moneys worth with my 8900.

Right now tho, I'd love to have the Storm 2 which would be the only device I'd get unlocked for T-Mo. Other than that, I'm gonna hold off for 6 months to a year and see if RIM really comes out with a device with innovating technology that will have that WOW factor. Otherwise, ill be getting the next best offering T-Mo has at that time. Or if T-Mo gets the iPhone ) lol

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    At least RIM will have your money to turn around and sell you the same device next year. Good luck with that.
    Its not that much money(49.00 4 the bold) and not a bad deal, I remember my girlfriend got a razr for 50.00 or hundred (and that just made calls and ringtone) and she was happy,lol, the good ol days of cell phones
    " B safe "

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by JaidedFocus View Post
    I guess my main gripe hasn't really been with RIM but rather with T-Mobile for not really having a huge selection of phones I'd like. Also the fact that they only have one BB with 3G which is the 9700 and came out right after I upgraded to the 8900. I could have gotten the 9700 but I figured might as well get my moneys worth with my 8900.

Right now tho, I'd love to have the Storm 2 which would be the only device I'd get unlocked for T-Mo. Other than that, I'm gonna hold off for 6 months to a year and see if RIM really comes out with a device with innovating technology that will have that WOW factor. Otherwise, ill be getting the next best offering T-Mo has at that time. Or if T-Mo gets the iPhone ) lol
    you can use the iPhone on tmobile now just no 3G. Just wait and get the nexus-opps, am I allowed to use that name that,lol.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Not really a fanboy of ANY smartphone device or manufacturer. I like to choose what works for me and I like looking into all new technology. It's good to have choices.
    +1

After enjoying many BlackBerrys when they were a quality, reliable, product, I have let go of my once fierce loyalty.

Now I simply choose whatever fits my needs, is well built, and does the job. For me that means an iPhone3Gs, and a Droid for fun. My Real Bold 9000 is hanging around for those times when I feel like using it, but those days are waning as the other choices perform more reliably and with a greater degree of fun.

It was nice while it lasted, but RIM is headed for the museum at this rate.

plucks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2180BB67
    I had a pearl 8100 for about 3 years. Decided i should switch phones, staying with AT&T b/c i have never had the issues people seem to enjoy complaining about.
    I thought the HTC WinMo phone was a idea on how to step into the new smartphone market. Talk about an awful design. I don't think it's HTC, but more the fact that WinMo is its system. I actually liked the size and screen resolution, and 5MP camera, but the rest of it is a horrible interface. Had to return it.
    Most people i know have an iPhone, but truthfully, i do not like the touch screen, and i don't need a phone because i can download a fishing app or "learn" to fly a plane. And the sound quality on calls isn't very good.
    So i ended up back with the BB 9700. So far, this thing is sweet. WiFi, GPS, Doc, Xls, Ppt already there, good looking screen - albeit small, Gmail app is better than the iPhone email, great size and weight. This should work out just fine.

But JaidedFocus is right, the selection of phones out there is pretty lame, overall. BB just happens to make the most out of it and it really is a fantastic piece of gear RIM is probably focusing a lot on future phones in the next year or two which will compete with the lemmings who need an iPhone.

caboose06 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    i have never had any problems with my blackberrys i am still running my 8100 with 4.5.0.55 with no problems ever. i am also running my own boldesque theme, i love my device, the level of customization is great i could never switch to anything else, BB all day everyday for life.

Lvallejo666 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I never get tired of reading threads about what phone is better.....!!!

stolt no está en línea Stack level 3
    this thread is making me sad ive just got the 9700 and put my own theme on and love it, wicked little phone, alhough i change from the original bold it does take some geting use to typing on it. overall i think its great, glad they got rid of that trackball. I agree the browser capabilites are a big let down with rim..

I'm still with blackberry... whos with me!

ok just me, i'll get my coat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12