Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For the last 24hrs I have been looking at my Blackberry in disgust. My heart ... General Blackberry forum

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5

Who else has had enough?

Advertisement

For the last 24hrs I have been looking at my Blackberry in disgust. My heart is breaking. For years I have defended RIM and have converted 2 of my family members to Blackberry, but now, sadly, I think its time to move on.After a replacement Bold due to a broken trackball (surprise) I started to get tired of the same ol' crap RIM feeds us customers. Battery pulls are embarrassing, checking up on the memory after an app install to make sure its not gonna suck all the memory out of the device is vomit provoking already, 5.0 you say? joke. After I installed this groundbreaking "5.0" I was left with less memory and a memory leak that would suck 20 mbs in 2 hours, and what does 5.0 give you? nothing to brag about, really. The last 24 hours have been the last straw for me. data outages happen, yes I understand this, but I want more bang for my buck and a better overall experience from my device. Is there anyone else that feels the same way?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    That's why I got my Moto Droid last month...the BB's crappy browser, memory management, spinning hourglass, and major issues with App World drove me over the edge.....I was the same as you, my last few devices were BBs, I converted every family member and friend that I could....now I honestly won't recommend one and almost feel bad for some of my peeps that still have 6 months or a year before they can upgrade. I don't hate RIM and hope they put out a BB I could drool over again....but for now I am extremely pleased with my Droid!

I am very glad I made the switch, but I know some who tried to leave but were not happy and came back to BB...to each his own...
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I have also jumped ship and I do not miss my old bb's at all.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I am happy I made the switch also. I am on an ancient Sidekick 3 until 3/6/10. That's RIM's deadline to get back to where they used to be when I was on the 7100 series. I really want the 8220 (or the new 3G Pearl that's supposed to be coming out) as that's probably going to be the one that fits my personal needs the most. But if the service is gonna crash like this, I'll be rethinking my options and go for another phone (MyTouch3G).

I was just telling a friend last night via text that I don't think it's a good idea for her to get her first BB right now. She wanted the 8230 Flip on Verizon. I was also looking to get my mom her first BB in February but that's gonna be a no-go for right now (she's gonna get a Windows Mobile phone LOL).
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 12-24-2009 at 02:22 AM.

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    I was on the fence with all the talk of what's coming out in the near future. Android has intrigued me. If the Nexus comes to fruition, even close to what the rumors are predicting, I'm switching.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I keep an 8310 for my work phone....but that's all I use it for is a phone...glad I'm using a g1 and looking forward to the nexus one!
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC83) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

mikerizzo no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmc View Post
    I was on the fence with all the talk of what's coming out in the near future. Android has intrigued me. If the Nexus comes to fruition, even close to what the rumors are predicting, I'm switching.
    Same here.

rugmankc no está en línea Stack level 2
    Maybe I need two phones, as I would like to use the much better browser and media features of some other phones. But, I know of no other phone that even comes close to BB's calendar and UI. It is the fastest inputting and changing appt dates calendar I've seen. Anyone know of a phone that equals it? If so, i would give it a try. Hoping the new BB's with flash will appease me. The new droids are interesting. Don't know anything about the Nexus. I want flash and streaming media. I also may need a new carrier, as CBW doesn't seem to offer some of the features Verizon and Sprint do.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; 8700g; 8900; Carrier-Cincinnati Bell: Future Bold Owner

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    The Nexus device is the device that has caught my eye, but I'm a little turned off by the fact that it might not be able to be used on At&t's 3G network.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Since getting my iPhone 3GS, I don't miss my BB's at all. I still like BB, just wish they would stop making new designs and start working on the UI. I still have my 8220 and 8120 (sold our 8900's) but when I go on to it, it just is dinosaur like compared to my 3GS. If I ever switch from my iPhone, it will most likely be an Andriod phone. Probably the Nexus One since we are using TMO. I truly do not see myself going back to BB. It's kind of sad

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I'm going to upgrade my work phone 8330 to the HTC Hero here in a bit... but I'm going to keep my Bold with AT&T... I'm really hating on RIM right now but stilll love my BlackBerry... now I have a reason to part with one of them.

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just upgraded my 8320 to a 9700 about 1 1/2 weeks ago, and I am really dissappointed with RIM. I like the actual phone, just really annoyed with RIM. Now I am really rethinking my decision to stick with Blackberry,and thinking if I would be able to return my 9700 for something else.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I am keeping all of my BB's just to remind myself of the journey I have taken over the few years that I have used BB. I use my 8120 currently on prepaid with WiFi. I miss BBM and Twitter, but that's it. I don't miss the battery pulls, memory micromanagement, hourglass, Quick Pull app used 20 times/day, etc.

I have my email on my AOL, G-Mail and Hotmail accounts immediately pushed to my iPod Touch, along with Twitterific. I text and IM on my SK3 all day long and no delays.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 12-24-2009 at 03:36 AM.

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    You'll turn on your next phone to, its human nature!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Antgod View Post
    You'll turn on your next phone to, its human nature!
    Not really a fanboy of ANY smartphone device or manufacturer. I like to choose what works for me and I like looking into all new technology. It's good to have choices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast