Ok, I need some help here. I have a 7100i and the battery drains extraordinarily ... General Blackberry forum

boblincoln no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3180B706

Which program is the drain?

Advertisement

Ok, I need some help here. I have a 7100i and the battery drains extraordinarily fast. From experience, I know it's one of these programs that is doing it, but can't pinpoint it. How do I find out which one it is.

Mologogo I have turned to only refresh every 905 minutes.
    eMSN i have turned off
    Ramble, Google Talk, Yahoo I have turned off
    Pocket Express I have turned off the auto updates

Which one could it be? I imagine it's Mologogo...but I just haven't been able to catch the culprit in the act. Don't get me wrong, Mologogo is an awesome tool, I just need to figure out how to manage it correctly.

Any advice on catching the application red handed?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Which program is the drain?

So you have crossed off phone, radio, connecting to service, games, emails and web browsing as the culprit? Ive not used Mologogo, can you turn it off completely for one day and see what your battery status is? Messengers do not use much battery unless you chat alot. I used BB Messenger all day today and my BB was almost dead when I got home. Tomorrow I will probably just use games alot and my phone will die by days end. Anything and everything will cause your battery to die. Maybe its the battery. Did you give it a full 12 hour charge when you received the battery. All batteries have a 1 year warranty, try to get a new one if your problem continues. good luck.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I don't know about the newest release of Mologogo. But when I ran the older version on my 7100i, it would take the battery down a bar just loading the map initially. I'd suggest nixing that for a day and see how you fare.

PIN/ID
    3180B706

Yeah, mologogo is a huge drain on the battery. I'm convinced that it is the cause of the drain. The good news is, one of the mologogo developers just purchased a blackberry. So, look forward to a better version coming soon.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3180B706

Update: I was correct in my suspicions. Mologogo is a great application, but it is a huge and uncontrolable drain at this point. Expect a good update for mologogo on BlackBerry soon.

Stats: With mologogo installed(not running) on my phone, the battery would drain and die in under 7 hours of being unplugged. If running, expect the battery to die in under 5 hours. With mologogo deleted, the battery will run for....well, going on day two right now and still at 3 bars.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Thanks for the info. Awsome for the other stackers out there.. and hopefully for the makers of Mologogo.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Thanks boblincoln! I was curious of that app, but I cannot risk any battery right now due to many many many emails and chatting, I barely get a full day as it is.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Chris, Do you use the extended battery? or have a spare? It makes a HUGE difference! like 80% more. I had it with my 7100i, and now cant WAIT for it to get here for the 8700g. I've had it on pre-order for about 2 weeks now, and it keeps getting pushed back.
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Honestly I have never used an extended battery for any of my phones. I have always had a rule, if it dies by the end of the day I am using it too much! Lately I have had to charge it 2 times per day, so its either time for me to swap batteries, perks of my job, or get the extended. I really like the slim-line design, is it that much thicker?

That was my concern about the extended battery... it makes it bigger.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    3056468b

I always have chargers available, in my car I have 1, in my house I have 2, and at work I have... well probably 50 right now lol! I think I stay with what I have, since Im hoping to receive a Vaja Case for review.

I have one in the car and a few at home. Don't normally charge at work. But I was nervous when I flew from FL to Seattle, WA and back again. Found plugs in the airport that I took advantage of.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Thats when I the most worried, when I travel. I wouldnt want to be without my little companion!

Me either.
    My Blog , My Flickr