View Poll Results: Which do you like better?

Voters
10. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yellow

2 20.00%
  • Blue

4 40.00%
  • Totally different color

4 40.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by BigHulkDiese I like the color of the yellow but the quality of ... General Blackberry forum

LLc0oLJ no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by BigHulkDiese View Post
    I like the color of the yellow but the quality of the paint job of the blue. The blue seems more flawless in the "Tape Removal" areas such as aound the screen and especially the camera mirror.

I am assuming the blue one was the second one and you had your method mastered by then?
    well we attempted doing the pearl white 1 or 2 times. we've seen the colorware pc site and how they do their custom paint jobs and my gf wanted to try that method. she's a perfectionist and hated all the imperfections trying to tape up the camera mirror so decided to just paint the whole thing. she actually helped me redo mine haha and now my back side is all painted too.

Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    I like my white one. Just kidding.

I like the way the yellow "pops." Great job.
    oh yeah definitely liked your pearl white...that's what inspired this entire painting frenzy..which is costing us a bundle...lol
    well worth it though

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I really like the BLUE!!
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm going to say the blue.

boob_1029 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32C73EFE
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yellow

Looks pretty even blue may have a slight edge anyone know how to put a poll? Thanks for replying everyone

d3squire no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yellow! man that one is sweet!I agree that you should have left the silver showing on the blue one.what kind paint do you guys recommend?

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    yellow

i highly recommend tamiya brand paint.
    first time around, i tried using krylon fusion since it was available at home depot, walmart, etc. but the paint quality of tamiya is much, much better. tamiya isnt too hard to find, just check your local yellow pages for a hobby shop and they should have a variety of colors.

a primer coat (after a light sanding) also helps a lot. we didnt use a primer for the first cover... the paint just refused to adhere to the sides and slid right off (which caused faded, darkened edges). i dont know, trying to tape up and keep clean, straight edges on the camera mirror is quite difficult, but it's just a personal preference.

i find that putting a thin pearl clear coat over solid colors really brightens the paint and gives the color a nice, but subtle, shine.

d3squire no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by LLc0oLJ View Post
    i highly recommend tamiya brand paint.
    first time around, i tried using krylon fusion since it was available at home depot, walmart, etc. but the paint quality of tamiya is much, much better. tamiya isnt too hard to find, just check your local yellow pages for a hobby shop and they should have a variety of colors.

a primer coat (after a light sanding) also helps a lot. we didnt use a primer for the first cover... the paint just refused to adhere to the sides and slid right off (which caused faded, darkened edges). i dont know, trying to tape up and keep clean, straight edges on the camera mirror is quite difficult, but it's just a personal preference.

i find that putting a thin pearl clear coat over solid colors really brightens the paint and gives the color a nice, but subtle, shine.
    Thanks for the info. This is going to be a fun project over the weekend! I really like the yellow. Is it easy to sand it off if I want to change the color later?

Reesa23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    325FA8A8
    Blue
    Carrier: US Cellular
    NEW PIN # 312D19A4

As for re-sanding a painted housing, it really depends on the brand of paint you use and also the grit of the sandpaper.

Paint:
    The first housing that we ordered, we pretty much sanded and re-sanded it about 3 times before the color and paint turned out the way we had hoped. However, it took a while to sand down after the first paint job (kind of difficult...and tedious), i believe, because of the paint we used (the krylon). Krylon was very thick and maybe it was just because we were new to the whole painting thing and put on coats that were too thick, but who knows. The second time, we decided to go with a better quality paint...a little more expensive, but well worth the price (approximately 6 dollars after tax). The Tamiya paint is very thin and easy to re-sand if you ever want to change the color of the case.

Sandpaper:
    We purchased a variety pack of sandpaper with different grits. We used a 320 to sand. The problem we came across the first time was using a coarse sandpaper. we ended up sanding down the plastic, and there were bumps, scratches and plastic shavings that showed through the paint and made it look bumpy and unfinished. Be careful of the edges on the antenna cap though, they can easily be sanded down to rounded, instead of pointed, edges.

good luckkkk!!! and post pictures of your finished case!

Cracked Out no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!
    They are both nice but the blue one is nicer.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    poll added

thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12