Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I already tried both IM+ during free trial and Ramble IM but I still am ... General Blackberry forum

play11dg no está en línea Stack level 2

Which one,Ramble IM or IM+ is the best?

Advertisement

I already tried both IM+ during free trial and Ramble IM but I still am not sure which one is the best and useful. Both of them connection kept getting disconnected. It has been a while since last time I used IM+. Any new improvement or update with IM+? Right now, I am using Ramble IM because it's free. But Ramble never let me know that I am already disconnected AFTER I sent someone message. It's just okay to me. I would like to hear most of your opinions so I can weigh the most likeable and dependable. IM+ or Ramble IM?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Which one,Ramble IM or IM+ is the best?

IM+ by far...It's worth the money.

Also, it's nice because with IM+ you're going to get AIM, Yahoo, Gtalk, MSN, Jabber.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

question about the IM+ is that using data or is it gonna be charged as a text message?

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    question about the IM+ is that using data or is it gonna be charged as a text message?
    Data

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

oh good then maybe i will invest in it... BTW, my tmo service is so kickin nexthell's azz

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    oh good then maybe i will invest in it... BTW, my tmo service is so kickin nexthell's azz
    About time you dropped them! Hah...

Some of the other benefits about IM+

*Can set up auto-connect
    *Can send "broadcast IM's to numerous people at once
    *Can set alerts/vibration/etc customly, which you can't do with ramble
    *Can integrate Translator+
    *Stays connected if you temporarily lose service then come back in service. Not sure how long it does it for, but it's good at my house where service is very spotty...I have gone upwards of 20 minutes searching for a signal, and when service comes back, it's still connected and you will receive the messages that were sent while you were out of service.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    About time you dropped them! Hah...

Some of the other benefits about IM+

*Can set up auto-connect
    *Can send "broadcast IM's to numerous people at once
    *Can set alerts/vibration/etc customly, which you can't do with ramble
    *Can integrate Translator+
    *Stays connected if you temporarily lose service then come back in service. Not sure how long it does it for, but it's good at my house where service is very spotty...I have gone upwards of 20 minutes searching for a signal, and when service comes back, it's still connected and you will receive the messages that were sent while you were out of service.
    Very good to know, I think I am gonna go for it! Thanks N8

Many thanks for your opinions. I think I will go with Yak-On. They are pretty good with connection. I am on trial for 15 days. So far everything satisfied me. 20 dollars fee once is not bad. I even left it on idle almost all day and there it stay on connect. Yak-On got everything same with IM+ except no translator. Big deal unless you talk to other foreigners alot if that what translator is for. Tell me something that I don't know about Yak-On. Thanks again.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~same here, I've been with yak-on for 50 years jk. But yea I love it, I rarely get dc and the communication runs smoothly. It has good interface and very easy to use. Did I mention its only 20 bucks?

No, I don't think you did mention 20 dollars. You just mention to add Yak-On on IMs list which is good or better in other post. I never thought of it till you said so. I check it out and there has 15 days trial and purchase one time fee 20 dollars. I try it out and see how it compare with others IM+ or Ramble. So far, Yak-On is the top of my list. I am gonna to purchase for sure. Thank you for mention Yak-On. I would suggest for anyone who get tired of disconnecting often with Ramble IM.

crutcherk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3280610B
    I have been using Ramble. I have noticed it puts a big drain on the battery when itis running. I can put up with it for the price.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Having Ramble IM and internet usage, battery usually eat up the whole day. With Yak-On, battery last maybe 1 and half day with using internet alot. No big deal as I always charge every night and have fresh full of battery in the morning.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3
    Both Ramble and IM+ use data and not txt so neither have an advantage there.

I havent seen many mention the fact that Ramble is only for AOL but IM+ combines many IM providers (AIM, Yahoo, MSN, ICQ, etc....) on a single screen. So for the $50 (with a 25% discount making it $37.50 until the end of December) you get them all its not just AOL AIM.

Its great as you can see your Yahoo contacts on the same screen as you AIM ones and I have never had any disconnection issues (yet??).

Natox no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207E4A

is there any IM from MSN available ( FOR FREE ) i dont use anything else ?

jgold47 no está en línea Stack level 1

I use JiveTalk and I am in love

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast