Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Pearl is definatley best for me ,but my friend who is out and about all ... General Blackberry forum

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001

Re: Which Blackberry is BEST? And why?

Advertisement

Pearl is definatley best for me ,but my friend who is out and about all day seeing his clients (his own photocopier machine supply business) has gone for a curve.He didn't even know they existed till I showed him .He was hooked!! Will save him umpteen hours of time over the years ahead. I told him not to believe anything the sales person says about other makes being more suited to what he wants. One friend has already been sold a pig in a poke and bitterly regrets it.18 months to go!!!

mapalmer67 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

it will be the komet 4 me as soon as it is available.

Cano no está en línea Stack level 3

lol yes i know its to each its own... as i stated in my intro to the thread. but thank you very much for you inputs. i guess i should have put.... Why Do You Love Your Bb So Much? And Are You Satisfied With Your Model, Or Is There Another Model You Would Currently Prefer Other Than The One You Own, Regardless Of Carrier? after all, we can get unlocked phones...

SDEEDY no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by paulypaul
    the only way to answer that question would be to find out what is the best selling BB to date. IMO
    How do we find this out? I'd love to know more useless Blackberry stats.

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

Ah, but you asked:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cano
    which blackberry takes the crown?
    Which seems to be an absolute statement. But for me, I need email, so that means QWERTY and fast UI speed. Personally I like the keyboard in the curve (8300) the best, so given the small chassis size, and peppy UI speed, the curve is my best. GPS and Wi-Fi do little for me. But the 8800 and 8700 before it were both nice devices. Prior to that, I loved the keyboard on my 7290 and 7520. The 7520 had twice the memory of my even older 7510 (32MB vs. 16MB), was a bit narrower (nice touch), and had two levels of backlighting. But the slow 50Mhz CPU was just far too slow. The 312Mhz CPU in the 8700c was a welcome and much needed boost.

Email is king, and the 8300 does that better for me than all of the rest.
    Domino 6.5.6FP1 | BES 4.1.4

Kriv no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    251239B6

For me, the pearl. Compact and looks like a phone rather than a brick. Plus using the pearl rather than the scroll wheel is faster.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~over the past 2 year I've used the 7130e,8703e,8830,7100t and now the pearl. The pearl is by far my favorite. The size was the decision breaker for me. And it has all I need.

tech-medic no está en línea Stack level 2

My 7290 suits me fine.

It works well as a phone, the BT stays connected and my email hits gmail and my blackberry.net address pretty quick.

BUT, I also have a Cingular 8525 for my heavy data and office-type work on the road....so the BB is not my only handheld. I bought it specifically as a backup (for the next time I drop a $500 phone in the toilet) and a way to type/text without having to open the phone up.

So for MY purposes, the 7290 (bought off of ebay for $40) suits me perfect.

Your mileage may vary.
    Jim
    Waverly, OH
    My PIN: 23D0920A
    jimgirvin@gmail.com

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by li2327
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~over the past 2 year I've used the 7130e,8703e,8830,7100t and now the pearl.
    LOL WOW that sounds like me in 2 years. As previously mentioned, I've used the 7730, 7100t, 7105t and now 8100. 7105t and 8100 have been my favorites but problematic LOL
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 08-19-2007 at 01:22 AM.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Pearl is the best so far! This isn't an opinion but fact! Its about. Inovation. The first BB with multimedia and the trackball. Plus its the smallest BB ever! In addition it does everything those big bulky bbs do. I own a BB because of the pearl and many other people as well. Also it has set the standard for the way future bbs will be designed. From now on they will be small, sleek, and the trackball is here to stay!

Quote Originally Posted by tech-medic
    My 7290 suits me fine.

It works well as a phone, the BT stays connected and my email hits gmail and my blackberry.net address pretty quick.

BUT, I also have a Cingular 8525 for my heavy data and office-type work on the road....so the BB is not my only handheld. I bought it specifically as a backup (for the next time I drop a $500 phone in the toilet) and a way to type/text without having to open the phone up.

So for MY purposes, the 7290 (bought off of ebay for $40) suits me perfect.

Your mileage may vary.
    Refreshing post! "The Best" is a misnomer -- what we're really discussing is "Our Favorite". The 7290 is a workhorse. It's fast, precise, and no-frills. People that want the superscreens, the multimedia, etc. find the 7290 boring. For simply the purpose of usefulness, my favorite ("The Best") is my 6230. Black-and-white screen, "only" 16mb memory, but it's very quick. Much faster than my 7105t. And it does the job it's supposed to, without worrying about whether songs fit in it's memory, or it's got the correct theme, or whatever.

My wife laughs at me because I keep switching back and forth. For a couple of days, I'll use the 7105t because I like the small shape, the bright color screen, the fact that I can switch fonts, the fact that it has a n-i-c-e speakerphone, bluetooth, etc. But after a day or so, I long for the speed, simplicity, precision and the full QWERTY of the 6230 -- and I switch. Then after another couple of days I'm thinking that I want to use Plazmic to make another theme, and BOOM -- Back to the 7105t. I don't blame her for laughing!

jmann no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I don't think there could really be a "best" when it comes to blackberries because aside from the multi media function of the newer models, they pretty much the same thing. The main difference would be the form factor, but that would be judged by a person's finger/hand size. Basicly, if you need a phone that has the best push email, buy a blackberry regarldless of the model.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12