Hey guys, I have BB pearl and i absolutly LOVE it. My boyfriend wants to ... General Blackberry forum

ryley4866 no está en línea Stack level 1

Which BB is the best from Nextel?

Advertisement

Hey guys,
    I have BB pearl and i absolutly LOVE it. My boyfriend wants to get a new phone and he has nextel, which he has to stay with because of work. I was wondering if anyone knows the best BB to get that nextel offers. We went down to one of the stores and aked questions about the phones they had, the lady that helped us didn't seem to much about it acutally. So i thought i would ask you guys!

Thanks,
    **Ryley4866**

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Which BB is the best from Nextel?

IMO, the only one from nextel worth buyin is the 7100i. I definitely do not forsee another release of a BB for nextel. The 7100i is a suretype device, but it is alot more limited than the pearl is. You don't have the option of MP3 ringtones. With the latest OS for that device you can use wav files.

ryley4866 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the reply. So you can't use mp3 ringtones only wav. Is it as easy to put on your BB aswell as Applying it as a Ringtone like the pearl? We were having problems doing it with the i880. Other then that even though its nextel is everything else the same?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

There are alot of differences between the 2. I don't think there will be anymore OS updates for that model although I could be wrong. Yes, you can apply the ringtone like you would on the pearl. I am going to try to find a website that compares both phones and I will post the link here for you

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

For customers that need Nextel for work I then ask them do they need Nextel Walkie Talkie, or can they utilize the Sprint mobile to mobile. If they desperately need the walkie talkie they must choose a Nextel iDEN phone with ptt, and as Stacey said the latest would be the 7100i. If they can utilize the mobile 2 mobile instead of ptt then the Sprint 8703e or 7130e is the way to go.