Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

i was wakin up on the west coast, back in highschool i listened to the ... General Blackberry forum

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

Re: Where were you. . .

Advertisement

i was wakin up on the west coast, back in highschool i listened to the news radio at 6am-7am before school. There was so much going on the radio, i flipped the tv on and saw the impossible happen live!!!
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

I was still in the Air Force. I was stationed in Utah, and we were all gathered around the small television in the squadron training room. Within minutes the base was locked down and we were securing equipment, filling sand bags, and posting guard duty around our unit facilities. I'll never forget it.

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

Quote Originally Posted by Kilted Bradley
    I was still in the Air Force. I was stationed in Utah, and we were all gathered around the small television in the squadron training room. Within minutes the base was locked down and we were securing equipment, filling sand bags, and posting guard duty around our unit facilities. I'll never forget it.
    the air force actually getting their hands dirty? lol

i was in Hawaii and the airfield got locked down. pulling guard duty and guiding traffic onto base, talk about a long day....

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

I was actually in college. It was my short day. I had just gotten out of my English course and my friend Nicole comes running to my saying oh my god. We've been attacked you might have to go to war. Over the intecom at my school they announced that all classes were suspended for the day and possibly for the week. Slowly but surely people started to panic and freak out as news of what had just happened spread the campus. The towers hadn't fell but had been hit. People were trying to get on their cell phones to call friends and families. I jumped in my trucked and raced home but gas stations and grocery stores were pretty packed. All the radio stations weren't playing music but trying to make sense of what was going on. What should have been a 5minute drive from campus to my parents house seemed to take forever. I get in and my parents already had it on TV still in their pajamas eyes glued on the TV. And that's were I spent the rest of the day. My younger brother was let out of school early. And I didn't move a muscle until about 8PM at night. My dad and I ran and got some pizza. I didn't sleep at all that night. And what made it worse is all my family lives in new York. We couldn't get a hold of them at all. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by mikadad
    I was home sick from work that day...its also the day my sis died in 1988...
    Sorry to hear that, Michael. Ironically, my own sister passed away, a victim of breast cancer, on Sept. 14, 2001 -- only three days after the planes hit. It was a crushing week for my family and I.

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone
    Sorry to hear that, Michael. Ironically, my own sister passed away, a victim of breast cancer, on Sept. 14, 2001 -- only three days after the planes hit. It was a crushing week for my family and I.
    Yeah I can feel for ya. Thanks mark...
    Michael

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

I was at work and listening to the radio when it came across that a plane had hit the 1st tower. Our CFO heard it and said that it had to be a single engine plane and the pilot made some kind of error. About 5 minutes passed as I was listening to it and then my cell started ringing like crazy telling me to get to a TV ASAP. Just as we turned one on is when the second plane hit the towers. It was at that time when I knew something serious was up and called my wife and told her to go into lockdown mode at home and that I would be there as soon as possible with the kids from school.

I started to call my friends that worked at the NSA at the time as well as my aunt because my uncle worked at the NSA and I wanted to get an idea of what to expect. Nobody was able to pick up their phones so I was going crazy and telling my boss that I had to go take care of my family. I was then told that if I left that I would be fired. Well needless to say I left anyhow. The roads were starting to get packed from people that were leaving work early. I knew a few shortcuts home so all the entire drive home, i was listening to the radio, talking to my wife on the CB and using my blackberry trying to get messages to people.

I don't think I slept for 5 days after that. I was glued to the TV when at home and had a handheld radio on when going to the stores to stock up on things in case something more serious was coming that we didn't know about.

I'll never forget that day and still have tears in my eyes everything September 11th when I think of what happened that day. I'm glad that the local radio stations replay that day on the radio so people can remember what happened and more importantly so my kids can hear it and understand it better since they were too young at the time to know what was happening.
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com

I never thought a thread at Pinstack would bring tears to my eyes.

indianacowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30e66bcd

in reference to the last comment......... or chills and goose bumps from people that hadnt lost anyone in that tragic day yet cry about it.. very touching, ok now i too am getting teary...

jhall1986 no está en línea Stack level 3

I was in highschool at the time...... right after gym someone told me what happen

Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I was in an elevator in an office building in downtown Pittsburgh. A friend who was with me got a phone call from someone who told him that a plane went down outside of Pittsburgh, and that we should get out of the city. It seemed unreal at the time. My thoughs go out to anyone that was there or lost someone that day.

MT
    MT no está en línea Stack level 3

I am Canadian, but got my schooling in the States and an American wife Sept 11 was a sad day.... I called my wife from work and woke her up. At that time there were all kinds of crazy reports of what was happening.

I remember a feeling of wanting to stand with you guys, we flew US flags for days from our home. Still feel the same way.

God Bless America!!!

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by guyheavensent
    the air force actually getting their hands dirty? lol

i was in Hawaii and the airfield got locked down. pulling guard duty and guiding traffic onto base, talk about a long day....
    You bet your @$$. Do a google search on Air Control Squadron. No "chair force" there chief.

mut212 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I was off that but I had to go in ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I was away at school, up that morning. I was on the computer and watching tv at the same time. I was watching as the story broke. It was unreal.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast