Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

. . .when the world stopped turning on that September day? Off topic, I know, ... General Blackberry forum

Where were you. . .

Advertisement

. . .when the world stopped turning on that September day?

Off topic, I know, but I'll post it here because this is the forum I frequent the most. What a terrible day it was 6 years ago . . .

deepdish no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Where were you. . .

I was working from my home office with the morning news on. I remember that day like it was yesterday.

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK

You know Mark its odd how stuff like where you were stays with you. I was in a dentist chair actually. Then I headed back to school and we didnt do anything but watch TV all day. I remember first hearing about it and most of the details from that day. It was a terrible day.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

I was in my office at my original firm. When the news of the first plane hitting the towers came on the radio, my initial reaction was "wow, what a huge mistake that pilot must have made." When the news about the second tower being hit came on, my immediate reaction was "this wasn't an accident."

We went into a conference room and turned on the news, and sat as a group the rest of the day in near silence watching everything unfold. Its one of the most unbelieveable experiences I've ever had.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

rrrebo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240466CA

Working Tier II dispatches for Dell Home and Small Business tech support at Convergys. I had my headphones on, ignoring the outside world and focused on work. When I came up for air, someone told me what happened. I didn't believe them, so I went to CNN.com's live feed. I thought "What a horrible accident!" I saw the second plane hit, and that stunned me. I left and picked up my son from school, and went home to be with my family.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Don't wanna think about it

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

I was lying in a hospital recovering from an auto accident. This was the first day I was able to watch TV and the first thing I saw was the tower burning and then the second plane hitting.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

gamorrisiii no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    314F1ac1

I was a EMT working Triage areas set up in liberty state park.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

I work at a newspaper and I was working. we have tv's everywhere in the newsroom and we all were watching what was happening. we were trying to figure out how we could cover the events of the day. A lot of people, including me, were overcome with emotion.

#1 BBFreak no está en línea Stack level 2

I was on a conference call with some business partners in NJ and NYC along with some from other states too. That is something I will remember forever.

indianacowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30e66bcd

I was on a primitave computer thinking it was the coolest thing (it was a 200 mhz upgraded from a 33mhz ) ... yea,... i know, im lovn my 1.7 ghz dell now... anyway, my sister called me didnt say anything except turn on the tv, i could tell she was upset about something, we sat and consoled one another over the loss of our friends (fellow americans)

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

I was up early am west coast time. As a few have said i remember it like it was yesterday. I just recently met a 15 year veteran of NYFD - Bk here on the stacks. This guys heart is truely strong. William - my prayers are with you and to your friends who were lost! .............bbm me Bro!

Texas512 no está en línea Stack level 3

I was in the 6th grade. Math Class.

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

I was home sick from work that day...its also the day my sis died in 1988...
    Michael

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I like everybody else, I can remember that day like it was yesterday. One of the biggest thing I will remember for sure was I had to go get my girl from school because she wasn't feeling good. While on the way there I remember looking up at all the jet trails in the sky and how they all were turning one way or another. And there were allot of them.
    20+ years of being a firefighter and you will never forget the 343 FF's lost that day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast