Thought the blue 8320 was supposed to be out last week? I saw a dummy ... General Blackberry forum

map1978 no está en línea Stack level 2

Where is the blue AT&T Curve 8320?

Advertisement

Thought the blue 8320 was supposed to be out last week? I saw a dummy phone floating around on the net so shouldn't this curve been in stores already? Is at&t's 4.5 OS that much of a problem that there's a holdup?

anybody here any info recently? not interested in the bold and will wait for the javelin most likely (even though i'm liking the nokia new touchscreen device) but I need a new curve for now

thanks in advance

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6
    Yeah I was looking for the new curve as well. At least give us 4.5 anyway.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I have nothing official, however it is my understanding that AT&T will be getting a new 3G & WiFi equipped Curve very soon. It will have the latest version of the OS which may be higher than 4.5. My _guess_ at this point is RIM is delaying it so as not to take any of the focus away from the Bold. Especially since public perception is very poor due to the delays surrounding the release of the Bold. At this point I would not be surprized if RIM held back on releasing this new Curve until after the Bold drops at AT&T.
    sent via BlackBerry
    ~(wap.pinstack.com)~

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I can see that, a 3G curve would detract from the bold, for those not looking for the heft (or the price) of the Bold. It would be wise to hold up a little bit until the Bold comes out.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    i dont remember ANY plans for a 3G curve... even javelin doesnt have 3G [from what i remembe anyway]

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I hope you're right, Archer. THAT would truly be my ultimate device, if it also had GPS!

I thought it was the 8320, then the bold, then the javelin going to att? I can care less about a touchscreen RIM device. So overrated these touchscreen phones are. There's no 3G curve coming out, but that would be sweet. Maybe they will throw some 3G radios in the Javelin!!

Quote Originally Posted by map1978 View Post
    Maybe they will throw some 3G radios in the Javelin!!
    The final configuration for the Javelin is set, and it does not contain 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    The final configuration for the Javelin is set, and it does not contain 3G.
    I know, I just wanted to dream a little.

I don't see why the 8320 isn't in stores yet. What there gonna drop the 8320 mid October and then drop the Bold 2 weeks later? F'd up IMO OHH and finally when the 8320 is in stores, the Javelin is gonna be out a month or two later? MORE f'd up!

Quote Originally Posted by map1978 View Post
    I know, I just wanted to dream a little.

I don't see why the 8320 isn't in stores yet. What there gonna drop the 8320 mid October and then drop the Bold 2 weeks later? F'd up IMO OHH and finally when the 8320 is in stores, the Javelin is gonna be out a month or two later? MORE f'd up!
    I wouldn't be so negative. Everything happens for a reason, and RIM is a very good company. Some things happen outside of their control, and one must remember that the FCC must approve the phones, and they are a slow moving organization, as are the carriers that have their own set of tests the phone must pass. The Javelin will not be released until the first quarter of next year, and that is rumor based only, so there is no way to know (and that's the way it should be). If everyone knew exactly when certain phones were going to be released, that would negatively impact day to day sales. Just like with new car models, the dealers only have a rough idea of when they are coming out. Until they actually arrive at the dealership, they cannot be certain. And the salesmen would not be able to clear out existing models if everyone was "waiting" for the latest. Same with phones. All brands. So my choice is to give RIM a break, yes it's frustrating but its only a phone.