My memory keeps dropping to 0 bytes. I have deleted almost all my apps. I ... General Blackberry forum

monim361 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248fd367

Where is my memory going?

Advertisement

My memory keeps dropping to 0 bytes. I have deleted almost all my apps. I thought it might be twitterberry. I always delete my event log. idk what else to do. It is very frustrating. Please help! Thanks

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    mon, See what you have running. Maybe it's an application that dynamically downloads data that you need to control. Press and HOLD alt and press the escape key (right of the trackball) and, while holding the alt key scroll through the icons to see what's running on your BBB.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    248fd367
    ok. Just closed stuff out. all that was open was got-2 myspace facebook and bbm. thanks for helping!

The BBM is ok to leave open. The things to look for are those aps that download stuff dynamically and may be using up your free memory. You can sometimes set limits on how much you let them download and control it that way.

Some aps will download "the world" if you let them.

What's your device, carrier and OS ... and free memory run? You might update your profile with that info when you get the chance. It will help you get more informed answers in the future.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    248fd367
    I thought i just updated that stuff in my profile? is it there? Thanks for all your help!

PIN/ID
    248fd367
    ok now i have 18588006 bytes

Quote Originally Posted by monim361 View Post
    I thought i just updated that stuff in my profile? is it there? Thanks for all your help!
    You did Mon, I'm sorry! I'm still used to the old format site that displayed your device in your post that I failed to look in your profile.

Quote Originally Posted by monim361 View Post
    ok now i have 18588006 bytes
    That's plenty of free memory for the 8320 - I used that device for a year before switching carriers.

Do you have the memory loss more under control now. You'll have a little loss just with daily operation but your can clear cache, execute memory cleaner and re-boot once or twice a week and control that.

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Seems that's the facebook or the myspace app.
    That was posted here before. Sorry don't have the link to the thread.

HTH
    Peter

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    248fd367
    Thanks you guys! Its doing ok now. I think when I have myspace and twitterberry open at the same time my poor old berry can't handle it and that's when it drops to 0 bytes!thanks again for the help!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I don't use either one of those, Mon, but maybe they have settings (?) that you can use to limit the activity.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I use those on my 8120 and have never noticed a decline in device memory. I use Viigo and it SUCKS memory, as well as a music app I used to use called MiuTunes.

PIN/ID
    248fd367
    Yea I noticed viigo did so I deleted that app. I have not had anymore issues tonight hopefully it stays that way! Thank you ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    god i hate those applications