I'm sure you can pick up what my question is from the title...but, whenever I ... General Blackberry forum

boblincoln no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3180B706

Question When I lock my BB, the OS runs way slow

Advertisement

I'm sure you can pick up what my question is from the title...but, whenever I lock my BB, the whole phone runs at a crawl. The hourglass flips constantly, the phone won't even ring...it's a real issue. Any ideas?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: When I lock my BB, the OS runs way slow

Bob, it might be a memory issue. I would start by doing a battery pull reset. Then go into the Options/Applications and delete the programs you don't use such as many of the languages. Be careful not to delete applications you're not sure about because they may be important. Also, it's good practice to do a battery pull every week or so to keep memory fresh. I hope this helps.

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Let us know if that helps

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

No it doesnt helps....... I tried to have a password on my phone and then the hourglass just rotates as if I just started my phone up. I have done battery pulls, I have deleted programs and nothing. So i just leave it unlocked....

PIN/ID
    3180B706

Ok, time for the update. I did the battery pull/erased some data/reset again. Now, I'm getting a javalangexception error on rebooting, but it doesn't appear to be hindering my use of the phone.

Anyway, it didn't speed up the OS. When I go to put my phone in lock mode, it takes a very annoying amount of time to process everything. During that time, the phone is frozen with the hourglass spinning.

mitchie55 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246ceeba

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~which IT policies u have on the blackberry?

PIN/ID
    3180B706

FRUSTRATION mounting! Now it's doing the java.lang.uncaught.exception stuff...but it's frozen with the hourglass spinning while it says "Organizing Call Logs". It's been stuck on this screen for about 12 minutes now. I don't think it's going anywhere.

IT policies? huh?

PIN/ID
    3180B706

Ugh, that idea to delete applications was a bad idea. I only deleted an unused theme, a few unused games, and password keeper. Now my phone OS is junk. Thanks for the try LJB, but for future people reading this post...I don't recommend doing any of the application deleting.

PIN/ID
    3180B706

This is getting ridiculous!

So my phone was busted from that deletion stuff and I had to re-install my entire OS.

Well, the device has been wiped and now when installing the OS, I get a fatal error A:0x0000000E.

The OS will not install. Huh?

frkhuda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Hey boblincoln! I believe i had a similar issue up till today actually! I noticed i had load of messages a little over 10000 and one too many applications! I strongly suggest u check what's loading up all ur bb's memory! To do this go to settings>options>status>click the trackwheel and you'll see "database sizes" select that and it'll show individually how much each thing takes up! Look for what seems to be using a high amount of memory! Once u know that then u know that's what u gotta delete!

Hope this helps!