my department was finally put on the company BES a few weeks ago. since the ... General Blackberry forum

joe allen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b09853

What's the difference?

Advertisement

my department was finally put on the company BES a few weeks ago. since the activation i have a Blackberry Browser and an Internet Browser. what is the difference?
    Joe - 8703
    "Blackberryland is a much happier place than Palmville"

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: What's the difference?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Blackberry Browser goes thru your company's firewall and Websense filtering (if installed), Internet Browser goes straight to Internet.

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~does that mean I can monitor usage and content if I remove internet browser and carrier browser from handsets? Could the users not just instal opera or equivalent?

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Quote Originally Posted by andrewthomas
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~does that mean I can monitor usage and content if I remove internet browser and carrier browser from handsets? Could the users not just instal opera or equivalent?
    That can be prevented thru the IT Policy on the BES.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~on some people's units we only allow Blackberry browser so they can't go to bad websites. Others have a disaster recovery need and for those people the Internet browser is available. To load some software OTA you need the Internet browser.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I only have one browser icon on my personal BB. Is that the BB browser or internet browser? I have always been confused. I'm on a BIS.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I only have one browser icon on my personal BB. Is that the BB browser or internet browser? I have always been confused. I'm on a BIS.
    Erica, that should be the Internet Browser. One way to tell us to go to Options/Advanced Options/Browser and see what options you have under default configuration.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by andrewthomas
    You can try. BES admins can pull quite a bit of info though. I'd say that if you need to keep something private then keep it off your company's BES-connected BB entirely.