You may feel free to imagine the subject line being spoken by Jerry Seinfeld. But ... General Blackberry forum

Instrumentality no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22C7107B

Whats the deal with Blackberry Media Player?

Advertisement

You may feel free to imagine the subject line being spoken by Jerry Seinfeld.

But honestly, I keep hearing buzz around other media players, and everyone seems excited to escape this apparently mediocre application, yet whenever I read the comments on these other media players like Miutunes, unsynced, xplayer, they always go on about what they CAN'T do such as use the side buttons which the stock media player can.

I fail to recall what people actually feel is wrong with the blackberry media player, or what any other program can do which it cannot other than pull album art (which doesn't bother me to do manually anyway.)

I'd like people to roll out some constructive criticism of the program, and point out some of the cool things that other media players can do.

What I would like to see, which I haven't yet, is the ability to keep an eye on the remaining seconds of the song playing, perhaps up in the title bar at the top with the signal indicators while browsing other songs. That, plus some cross-fading ability or BPM-matching (that might be asking a bit much of a phone...) would make the blackberry an awesome device for dj'ing house parties with the bluetooth gateway. Just gotta shut off the radio or something. :-)

Other than that, I've been pretty happy with the stock media player.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Personally, I find the playlist creation easier with Unsynced. I also like the fact that I can change the skin of the player. Plus the top key being the play/pause, it's easier to pause the music when I'm running since I don't have to pull it out of the case.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

ur561ad no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have the media player, miu tunes and tunewiki. Media player is cool. Miutunes looks cool and tunewiki shows the lyrics to a lot of the songs. I use them all. Depends on my mood.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

JaidedFocus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    262A279E
    One of the main things that originally attracted me to blackberry was the media player availability. Its convenient to have my phone and mp3 player wrapped into one. I would like more functionality out of the media player but ill be content until they upgrade it.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    The way I look at it - if I want to see something pretty while I'm listening to music, I'll go play with my itouch. If I just want to listen to music, the berry media player works great. I've tried a few other players for my berry, and none of them use the volume keys or mute button as controls. Sat I've got my berry plugged into my car stereo, I don't want to have to look at it every time I want to change a track. Hold down on the volume up button, and viola, next track.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    I like mine just fine. I'm listing to music not looking at it.

twentynine50 no está en línea Stack level 1
    The problem I have with and maybe I am not doing it right, is when I try to up or down the volume it switches songs. That annoys me to no end. Is there another way to up the volume or down it. I have always had this problem so I always use a third party app to play mp3.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    If you hold the keys, it'll switch tracks. Should be able to adjust the volume by pressing the volume buttons.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Yup, just press the volume keys for a second to adjust volume, hold down for a couple of seconds to change tracks.