i've noticed that some os have different features even though they are from the same ... General Blackberry forum

nick88 no está en línea Stack level 2

what's best os

Advertisement

i've noticed that some os have different features even though they are from the same carrier,and some have more problems than others,some better for videos etc.
    Is there anyway to find out what the actual upgrades to an os are without having to install first and try?
    my carriers dm only goes up to 4.5, will 4.7 work anyway

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    First, what device do you have? You'll do best to check in the forum for that particular device to see discussions on the newest OS' for that device as the same OS for 2 identical devices can sometimes have different results. OS' are also device specific, meaning that they are more or less interchangable among carriers, but not devices, as long as you follow the directions so you don't lock your phone to the wrong carrier. Desktop Manager (DM) isn't carrier specific. You can always use the latest version from RIM, regardless of your carrier.

Go here for some great guides on using and upgrading your BB.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Quote Originally Posted by nick88 View Post
    i've noticed that some os have different features even though they are from the same carrier,and some have more problems than others,some better for videos etc.
    Is there anyway to find out what the actual upgrades to an os are without having to install first and try?
    my carriers dm only goes up to 4.5, will 4.7 work anyway
    The best way to find out the differences in an older and newer OS is simply to ask around. A lot of people are upgrading their OS here, so if you want to go from 4.5 to 4.7 then there's quite probably a number of Stackers that have done it altready that you can ask. Another thng to do is to simply go ahead and upgrade, then if you don't like it re-install the older OS. I've done that lotsa times! In every (or at least most) Blackberry device-specific forums here, there is a "sticky" post by Lavagirl, one of the mods, that details where to find the most recent release of the BB OS for your device.

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can't install an OS not intended for your device model, but carrier matters not as long as you delete vendor.xml. For examole you can't run 4.7 on anything but a Storm.
    You can run any Desktop Manager version you want irregardless of carrier.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~