Hi All, Branching out a bit once I get my BCP-210 Cert and going to ... General Blackberry forum

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

What's a reasonable rate to charge for BB support?

Advertisement

Hi All,
    Branching out a bit once I get my BCP-210 Cert and going to offer BIS end user support where I'm at. What's a reasonable hourly rate to charge? What do some of you guys charge for similar sort of services? Thanx in advance for all your help and suggestions!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    i'd say $0.00 since you can get it here for free.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

jlphotog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but if I can't get the answer on this site I call my SP and they walk me through any issues at no charge. In fact today I was in a mall and walked past a kiosk for my SP. Stopped and asked a question. They helped me and didn't charge a thing.
    If I wasn't crazy, I would go insane.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by jlphotog View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but if I can't get the answer on this site I call my SP and they walk me through any issues at no charge. In fact today I was in a mall and walked past a kiosk for my SP. Stopped and asked a question. They helped me and didn't charge a thing.
    That's cool it works for you. Every time I call my SP or look for help from them I end up telling them what is new and how to fix it from things I have learned here. The people who are giving tech support and offering their opinions have taken a class or type in the question on their PC. 99.9% of the time the person giving you tech help for your BB are still using a razr.

Honestly to the OP, if you are planning to offer tech support in your area I would look at what each SP charges and at what RIM tech support charges and adjust my rate depending on that.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Yeah I will have to agree, small companies will have someone fill in for BB support, and large companies might have someone dedicated to it, and freestyle companies will most likely have someone willing to research on the net.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i'd say $0.00 since you can get it here for free.

Cat,

Don't hate on a stacker, just trying to put food on the table!
    ;p

If he can help himself, let him.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    LMAO! All Good Bassman! Cat's just having some fun Got a good point as well! That's the thing, unless it's BES Support there's pretty much no market for BIS support outside of the SPs. And those who know where to look aren't gonna pay when they can research it themselves.

Ironically my company had one of the IT guys just doing research on Random forums for any tech issues. Then I come along an end up being able to get the answers quicker (mostly because I've owned the devices we have previously). But that's about all the further I've gotten. I really appreciate the feedback guys! And ModernCowboy, thanks for the suggestion as well!
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    Cat,

Don't hate on a stacker, just trying to put food on the table!
    ;p

If he can help himself, let him.
    don't hate on me for giving my opinion. It was only that...not hate.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~