Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

How about the new OS before worrying about what We want on a phone? LOL....if ... General Blackberry forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Advertisement

How about the new OS before worrying about what We want on a phone? LOL....if RIM is taking this long to release the OS, then all that everyone wants on a phone will take YEARS

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

n2sooners no está en línea Stack level 1
    Better browser (Opera as the default browser maybe?).
    HTML e-mail.
    More memory or the ability to run programs off the micro SD card or both.
    Although I don't like moving parts, a well built side slider could be nice when it comes to web browsing. A real keyboard is a must though.
    I don't like using my phone for an MP3 player, but a better player would still be nice.

My more trivial ones that I miss are vibe and ring at the same time. A tone notifies you of dropped calls. Having your ringtone play only through your blue tooth.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart B View Post
    GPS and wifi together. To be truthful all the others point to an iphone. Lol
    That's what I was thinking. Why would anyone want a touchscreen? The qwerty is what made the Blackberry what it is. I couldn't imagine a world without it.

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    * 3.5G/UMTS support - preferably the device should be dual-mode (GSM/WCDMA) and dual-band (GSM 850/GSM 900/GSM 1800/GSM 1900, WCDMA 850/WCDMA 2100), for maximum global compatibility... HSDPA and HSUPA should also be supported, to offer maximum.
    * More internal memory - I can put-up with storing applications and attachments in the internal memory, but they need to increase the amount of internal memory to compensate for this - it needs to be increased to AT LEAST 256MB.
    * Ehanced Internet browser - the Internet browser should by COMPLETELY re-worked (in partnership with Opera Software or the Mozilla Foundation if need be) and upgraded to support modern Internet standards...
    * Support for HTML E-Mail messages.
    * Native support for the "full" version of YouTube.
    * More housing color options outside of North America and Canada - we typically only see one two colors in Australia, and each service provider rarely offers more than one color (we're usually stuck with the default grey or black too).
    * Native desktop support for Linux or at the very least, Apple-based operating systems.
    * Native support for the OpenDocument Formats.
    * Support for Linux and/or Apple-based enterprise solutions, including OpenGroupware.org...
    * Secure contacts synchronization and/or back-up features for BlackBerry Individual Solution (BIS) users, similar to or the same as the features currently available to BlackBerry Enterprise Solutions (BES) users.
    * No built-in camera OR more widespread availability of camera-free models - I'm not sure about elsewhere, but most camera-free models in Australia are old and thus almost impossible to locate...
    * Built-in GPS receiver.
    * Ability to "lock" a menu layout, so that the "full" version of the menu remains the same between themes.
    * Ability to set alert tones across all of the profiles at once, instead of having to individually configure each individual alert tone on each individual profile.
    * Faster processor - I frequently have to wait 3-5 minutes whilst my BlackBerry does "something" in the background.
    * Support for more audio and video codecs (formats), including .ogg, Windows Media, ATRAC (yes, I know this is HIGHLY unlikely, but...) and Apple's proprietry formats.
    * Ability to change audio tracks whilst the media player is running in the background OR the availability of a physical remote (like you see on some digital audio players and the Sony PlayStation Portable).
    * More support for mobile TV services - this is only partially something that RIM can address as whilst they can make the devices compatible, it's up to the service providers to offer it.
    * An auto-time-update feature that ACTUALLY WORKS!!!
    * A consumer-focused model that has actually had some REAL effort put into it - I'm talking a REAL camera, a REAL multimedia player and so forth... Things that are going to have this "consumer-focused" device giving the "traditional" consumer-focused manufacturers a run for their money!

Also, why is everyone asking for ringing and vibrating at the same time?

I don't know about other models, but my BlackBerry ALREADY does this!

~via my BlackBerry Curve 8300 (wap.pinstack.com)~

n2sooners no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin View Post
    That's what I was thinking. Why would anyone want a touchscreen? The qwerty is what made the Blackberry what it is. I couldn't imagine a world without it.
    You can have a touch screen and the qwerty. I think their slider concept could do just that, or even say something like a curve with a touch screen. I do agree with you that the keyboard is a must for me.

On the other hand, Blackberry doesn't have to be a one trick pony. No reason they couldn't have something to compete more directly with the iPhone while still keeping their more traditional lineup of phones. As long as it doesn't take away from what they are doing now, I would say more power to them.

One more thing I thought of, better camera controls. I have to go into options to do things like change the color effects, change white balance, or to even just turn the flash on for one shot (then go back and turn it back to auto or off). Something a bit more intuitive would be nice to go along with some more megapixels (which I think someone has already mentioned ).

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    How about a costumizable alert for when a page on the browser is done loading so I won't have to keep checking the screen to see if the page has fully loaded. That way you can click on something, look away or write something or maybe even continue a convo without having the "hold up, its coming" staring at the screen look on your face. Simple, very doable. You just don't know the convenience until you've had this feature.

abad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30D26FDC
    -real internet
    -more memory
    -HTML email
    -better web browser

PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Quote Originally Posted by stranjal7 View Post
    How about a costumizable alert for when a page on the browser is done loading so I won't have to keep checking the screen to see if the page has fully loaded. That way you can click on something, look away or write something or maybe even continue a convo without having the "hold up, its coming" staring at the screen look on your face. Simple, very doable. You just don't know the convenience until you've had this feature.
    You actually just reminded me of a feature that I miss from previous (non-BlackBerry) phones - on most Sony Ericsson and Nokia phones, the backlight and/or screen turns off after X seconds, and then switches back on automatically when the page has finished loading!

This is a lot better than the current system on BlackBerry OS, where the backlight and/or screen switches off after X seconds and remains off until a button is pressed, because I find myself forcing the screen to stay on or frequently turning it back on to check if the page has finished loading, thus using more power than the system used by Sony Ericsson and Nokia...

In a way, the system used by Sony Ericsson and Nokia is actually kind of an alert system similar to what you are proposing - one can put their BlackBerry down whilst a page loads, and they will be "alerted" when it has finished by the way in which the screen and/or backlight comes back on (this is particularly handy for large Web pages)!

gator2418 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BDDBF
    more memory
    wifi
    slicker apps
    " GROWN MAN GADGET"
    " WATCHA YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT"
    PIN# 249F0817

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    WiFi
    GPS
    3G
    Opera Mini included with Native BB browser
    More Internal Memory 1GB or higher
    Case (of any kind, preferrably an OtterBox, Fortte or Seidio)
    High Capacity battery
    Micro SD Card 4 GB or higher included
    FaceBook and MySpace apps (I use both extensively)
    Stereo, BlueTooth or a combo Stereo AND BlueTooth headset included
    HTML email
    Separate AIM, MSN and ICQ messengers without having to pay for them (I'm aware that some BB's already have these but give them to ALL of us RIM!!)
    Trash icon (thanks cgalifi...I knew I was missing something LOL)
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 04-06-2008 at 09:30 PM.

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    *more device memory
    *Recycle Bin
    *A way to put 3rd party apps on sd card

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by cgaliffi View Post
    *more device memory
    *Recycle Bin
    *A way to put 3rd party apps on sd card
    what he said

PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    * Music recognition/TrackID

On Sony Ericsson phones, they offer an application called "TrackID", which records ten seconds of music (eg. On the radio or TV), then submits it online to the third-party Gracenote, who identifies the artist, track title and album on-screen...

In the past, a clickable link would also take you to an online source where this track could be purchased, though Sony Ericsson have since removed this for unknown reasons.

I would LOVE to see a music identification application offered for BlackBerry devices (hint hint, nudge nudge, wink wink third-party developers...)!

* YouTube application
    Instead of native YouTube support, RIM could provide a "YouTube application", like they have done with Facebook...

Videos from the "normal" version of YouTube could then be searched, viewed and/or downloaded within this application.

They could even go as far as to offer "push-enabled" features, such as notifications of when favourite directors have uploaded videos or when favourite channels have been updated.

In many ways, I would actually prefer an application to native support in the browser... I often find myself using the Facebook application more than the Web site, for example; it's fast to get around, easy to use and I don't have to wait for entire Web pages to load-up; it offers all the functionality I need in one, clean application.

~via my BlackBerry 8800 (wap.pinstack.com)~

WuTangPearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    A higher quality camera! 2mp was cutting edge when digital photography first came about
    I'd like to see a 5 mp camera with lots of setting, shutter speeds, f-stops etc
    Photo editing, just basic needs, red eye removal, resize and sharpen
    How about a thumb-print reader, that'd be cool
    GIGABYTES of internal storage would be nice
    I never want to see a touch screen BB, the novelty of this technology is long past its expiry date

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    more internal memory
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast