Quick question, is there any way to tell what version of BES my company is ... General Blackberry forum

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

What version of BES is my company using?

Advertisement

Quick question, is there any way to tell what version of BES my company is using from my BB? I am not the BES admin so I have no direct access to it? Thanks!

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Re: What version of BES is my company using?

Not that I am aware of. Why would you want to know?

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

The main reason I want to know is that only the newer versions of BES support such features as SMS logging. As the device I currently use is my own, it would be nice to know that all my personal SMS messages are not being logged on my companies server. Again, not that I am doing/saying something I shouldn't, its simpy a privacy preference with me.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Quote Originally Posted by wifi4milez
    The main reason I want to know is that only the newer versions of BES support such features as SMS logging. As the device I currently use is my own, it would be nice to know that all my personal SMS messages are not being logged on my companies server. Again, not that I am doing/saying something I shouldn't, its simpy a privacy preference with me.
    Just assume that they can read and see anythign they wish to see. I doubt that they do, but assume it to be the case.

Better safe than sorry.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

You could ask whoever runs your BES server, but yes it would be wise to assume that they could read anything in or out of your BB. As a BES admin I'll say that I've never read anything that's come out of our users phones. I have no reason to.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~