Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Just something else they could charge you extra for every month. I think they charge ... General Blackberry forum

  1. #16
    VeryBerry's Avatar
    VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    354

    Re: AT&T kills GPS in Blackberry

    Advertisement



    Just something else they could charge you extra for every month. I think they charge enough already for their damn data service.

  2. #17
    SuzzyP's Avatar
    SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    1,752

    Re: AT&T kills GPS in Blackberry

    i like telenav too but the GPS would have been sweet......
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

  3. #18
    Aroc's Avatar
    Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    24431D74
    Posts
    147

    Re: AT&T kills GPS in Blackberry

    Excuse me, but I don't believe that it's because of the 'iPhone' that 'gps' is neutered on the new BlackBerrys. since all you do is subscribe to Telenav, and the problem still persists (that "this deep throat" reports that the BlackBerry is superior to the iPhone).

    If anything this sounds like a candor smokescreen to sell more Telenav subscriptions. I don't believe this 'line' that 'deep throat' or "'deep throat's contact" is feeding us. I call 'BS' to the iPhone relationship.
    Domino 6.5.6FP1 | BES 4.1.4

  4. #19
    VeryBerry's Avatar
    VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    354

    Re: AT&T kills GPS in Blackberry

    Quote Originally Posted by Aroc
    Excuse me, but I don't believe that it's because of the 'iPhone' that 'gps' is neutered on the new BlackBerrys. since all you do is subscribe to Telenav, and the problem still persists (that "this deep throat" reports that the BlackBerry is superior to the iPhone).

    If anything this sounds like a candor smokescreen to sell more Telenav subscriptions. I don't believe this 'line' that 'deep throat' or "'deep throat's contact" is feeding us. I call 'BS' to the iPhone relationship.
    Ya thats pretty obvious when they say they want telenav to be the only functioning 3rd party software on the device. Really surprised they really don't stick it to us by only being able to use the globalstat bt gps puck they sell (or is that the only gps puck that works with telenav?).

  5. #20
    OzzieDog's Avatar
    OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    179

    Re: AT&T kills GPS in Blackberry

    So, why even get the 8820? AT&T and Steve Jobs can deny any claim that they are running the show combined, but sounds like Jobs is running the show and Not the inmates at AT&T. I have 18 months left on my contract. Rats.

  6. #21
    Sgooter's Avatar
    Sgooter no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16

    Re: AT&T kills GPS in Blackberry

    This is like deja vous all over again. See thread started by BlackBerry8800 4 days ago.

    Recommend thread merge.
    Sprint 8830 w/4GB card

  7. #22
    backdoc's Avatar
    backdoc no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    80

    Re: AT&T kills GPS in Blackberry

    Quote Originally Posted by VeryBerry
    Ya thats pretty obvious when they say they want telenav to be the only functioning 3rd party software on the device. Really surprised they really don't stick it to us by only being able to use the globalstat bt gps puck they sell (or is that the only gps puck that works with telenav?).
    Well, I can't get my Holux 240 to work with Telenav. Was told it only works with The ATT puck.

  8. #23
    rpool's Avatar
    rpool no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    26

    Re: AT&T kills GPS in Blackberry

    When I got my 8800, I found that the carrier had set it up so you couldn't load BlackBerry Maps on it. I called RIM. They said that the carrier had specified that BB Maps wasn't to be loaded. AT&T (Cingular at the time) gave the the run around about it. I did find a Hack with the firmware to get it to load. See http://www.blackberryforums.com/gps-...-1-1-27-a.html for info.

  9. #24
    ItsNowOrNever's Avatar
    ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    30485184
    Posts
    2,994

    Re: AT&T kills GPS in Blackberry

    Does the iPhone have GPS??? Hubs just got it and we can't get it to work---google maps works fine, but there is no button for navigation that we can find.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

  10. #25
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907

    Re: What The F#@%k?

    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Not to mention RIM for not having any balls. Do they really think that at&t would be able to drop Blackberries entirely if RIM didn't play along?
    I'm glad that I'm able to go through TMO. Never really like AT&T and their practices. That's what happens when a large company gets some leverage they start demanding things. Kinda sad

  11. #26
    drew4flt72's Avatar
    drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    520

    Re: AT&T kills GPS in Blackberry

    G -r - e -a -t, .......more stuffy, money grubbing practices by AT&T. How else do you explain having an exclusive contract to put payphones in PX's in Iraq and Afghanistan and charge our soldiers $ .21 a minute to call home. Why not use an '800' calling card??? They are using an illegal practice of "blocking" 800 numbers from the pay phones. A practice that is illegal in the US. Can you say "Monopoly"?? I'm so glad they're not getting my cell phone money.

  12. #27
    VeryBerry's Avatar
    VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    354

    Re: AT&T kills GPS in Blackberry

    Quote Originally Posted by backdoc
    Well, I can't get my Holux 240 to work with Telenav. Was told it only works with The ATT puck.
    man that blows...greedy aholes (pardon my french)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •