Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Amen to that. Nothing chapx my a$$ more than these condecending sanctamonrous individuals ... General Blackberry forum

BigTNPapa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2402F705

Re: What is technically preventing blackberry from using 'normal' 3g?

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Amen to that. Nothing chapx my a$$ more than these condecending sanctamonrous individuals who sit on top of their aupoisedly elitist pedestals criticizing something, yet offer no real solution themselves and make no effort to get rid of the problem they are having. They would rather keep the product, that way they have something to bit@h about.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: What is technically preventing blackberry from using 'normal' 3g?

Quote Originally Posted by szefte
    Well...if it is compatible why does it need a data plan
    UMTS is just a technology. All data devices (Blackberry or not) require data plans regardless of the network technology. Further, all Blackberries require BB data plans. Your question is like asking why a car needs fuel when it has tires...

I really like the way you all buy this crap they are selling to you.
    See, Rim is a bunch of clever guys who invented a cheap technically stagnated phone [that the call a wireless device - pity it does not have wireles lan though)
    and made it impossible to use without paying at least 30$ to enable what every single phone [even iphone being another device made by cunning people for the DUMB ones] gives you you a as standard.
    Either you didn't do your research before buying or your just trolling. Just because the BB doesn't fit your needs doesn't make it a "cheap technically stagnated phone".

By the way there is still no answer to my (subject) question
    Actually, your question wasn't clear until just now. You asked why Blackberries weren't 3G capable but what you meant to ask was why you can't use a regular 3G data plan with a Blackberry.

You can't use regular data plans with a Blackberry because BB's must have access to the Blackberry APN in order to gain access to RIM's network. The BB needs this access for data services and push email by design. Again, do your homework next time before making a purchase -- especially with any expensive data device. Your failure to do this isn't the shortcoming of the Blackberry.
    Last edited by takeshi; 07-16-2007 at 11:21 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12