i hear a lot of people have been having problems with the 8100 for the ... General Blackberry forum

MrKorney no está en línea Stack level 2

what should i keep 8100 or get 8700

Advertisement

i hear a lot of people have been having problems with the 8100 for the long haul, i however have had none to very limited problems with the 8100, my thing is, should i keep the 8100, or be safe and go with the 8700 and just stick with the older one till RIM perfects their new line of models? thanks for your info!

fiz_x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21a311e6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~matters what you really need your BB for. If you really only use it for productivity and such I'd go with the more stable platform (8700) but if you can't live without the multimedia functionalty, stick with your 8100, most problems will more than likely be addressed by RIM and you will be able to update your phone as needed. I'm not too knowledgable about the 8100 and have only heard sporadic complaints about it so I'd also wait for someone with a bit more knowledge to post on here with some more informative advice! (Read-i have no idea what I'm talking about) :P

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05
    basically you have removable media in one hand and qwerty keyboard in the other. basically all other features are the same. this is what you really need to decide over.

sendit2mybb no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just wait for the 8800! You'll have all the cake & the icing! (Unless u need a camera :-)

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Most of the problem with the pearl are more personal issue than real issue 'cause a lot of people are new to the BB world and a good friend Lewis just have the pearl and didnt had a lot of issue
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i would keep the 8700, but if u really need media in your life then stay with the 8100. Go with the one that you're really comftable of. I love my 8700 because of the big beautiful screen and the full qwerty key board. Its all up to you.

MrKorney no está en línea Stack level 2
    thats the thing, i like the 8700, i like its size, it seems to fit well in my hand, but i love the pearl cause i keep my fone in my pocket....what i would love is the 8800, and in the end i prolly will end up getting it, but as for now....i dont necessariliy need the camera/multimedia, but its nice to have.....so thats the problem....i am a student, and i love that i can point appts and tests and due dates and what not, and at the same time, get email and make calls from the same device...its like having a small computer with you at all times...so what does this sound like to yall? cause im still under my 14day grace period? 8700 or pearl?

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~8700 it is then, the 8700 can do all the stuff the pearl does.the only thing that the 8700 have is the media and the memory flash card.