Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just talked to my ATT sales woman, they have told them nothing about the bold ... General Blackberry forum

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200

What now?

Advertisement

Just talked to my ATT sales woman, they have told them nothing about the bold her her store. Also, she said that she is now using the iphone 3g, claims it is the greatest phone she has EVER used!

Now I am sitting here trying to wait patiently for the Bold, my curve is begining to freeze up atleast twice a day, and I am ready to try something different.

So imagine how cnofused I am when she, a loyal blackberry user, tells me the iphone 3g is the best she has used (and she has used a lot). I am definitly torn......

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BigHulkDiese View Post
    Also, she said that she is now using the iphone 3g, claims it is the greatest phone she has EVER used!
    Sounds like a true sales person talking, or she doesn't have much for previous phone experience.

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    Iphone sucks arse it has bugs with the release there's still old new phones in circulation and att does not stand by there phone in terms of warranty. If its broken your pretty much sol. My friend went thru 4 in the period of like 5 to 6months.

But hey if u like a no keyboard paper weight by all means go right ahead!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    Hey guys..... easy. Faithful BB user here. Just saying, this delay will make people start thinking strange.

Concept Guest
    I gotta say that the iPhone is definitely not the best phone ever. I don't have an iPhone but I know more than a few people who do. I do however own an 16gb touch. Typing on that thing is the absolute worst experience ever. And for every update that gets put out, the thing seems to get slower and slower. Whenever I push the music button (or any button for that matter), it takes at least 3 seconds before the next menu shows up. It can't be because of lack of memory because I still have almost 2 gigs free.

I'd say wipe your curve and start fresh with any of the new OS's that just got released. Remove any apps that you aren't using a lot and only keeps those that are crucial to you. This should stop your crashes on your curve and hold you over until the Bold gets released.

Anyone who was a blackberry user, shouldn't like an iPhone better. The only way I can see how is if, they were forced to use the BB as their work phone. It amazes me to see how many people carry a BB and are completely clueless to anything it does other than get their email and make phone calls.

Concept Guest
    People claim the iPhone the best just as they claim the iPod the best. 90% of the time it has more to do with never using any other media player or smart phone before more than actually using a superior device.

One of my boys loves his iPhone. Guess what phone he had before the iPhone???? A freakin treo 650. No wonder he loves the iphone so much.

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    the iphone is built as a toy it has very few business apps, i HATE trying to type on the touch screen keyboard,it doesn't have blue tooth,the battery dies in 24 hrs if your on it for the majority of the day
    **There are 2 types of people in this world: those who use the search bar and those who do not**

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    Not sure if I agree with the posts here I don't think the old iphone has bluetooth the new one does. As far as no business apps not true they are developing countless applications for the device

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I purchased an iPhone 3G when it was released. Prior to that, I used an 8310 Curve.

It took me exactly 36 Hours to run back to my BlackBerry. Problems with the iPhone is too numerous to list. But the keyboard was definitely a deal breaker for me. I can't stand that virtual keyboard

However, in defense of the iPhone, if all you want to do is sit in an internet cafe and watch YouTube and surf the web, the iPhone is perfect. If you are like me and work for a living, nothing comes close to what the BlackBerry offers me.

The iPhone with Safari is the best damn browser on any portable device, nothing I have seen even comes close. But email and messaging is still the killer app and the iPhone sucks at it.

I have a Bold now, and I will never consider any other smart phone.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by BigHulkDiese View Post
    Just talked to my ATT sales woman, they have told them nothing about the bold her store
    she said that she is now using the iphone 3g, claims it is the greatest phone she has EVER used!
    my curve is beginning to freeze up at least twice a day.
    Remember, the store employees number one job is to sell phones. If they told everyone to wait for the Bold they would be fired!
    Next- she is only one person! Who cares what she likes?
    Next- if your Curve is freezing up that's easily fixed & you're in the perfect place to get help here at PinStack. So why not fix your Curve & enjoy it? I enjoy mine.
    Next: I've had both the 1st & 2nd generation iPhones & they are still filled with bugs.
    Finally: Be patient, wait until the Bold is release by AT&T before you decide. I know for a fact that it will have an updated OS that is better than on the existing models today, & theirs is already very good.
    Anything else you buy between now & when AT&T releases the bold will be wasted money. Count on it.
    sent via BlackBerry

PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    Lol wow.... its like I get beat on for mentioning an iphone. Guys, I was just saying that the wait is making people do strange things.

And in my Friends defense (who is the sales lady) doesn't tell me these things to sale me the phones. She basically gives them to me (Curve for 25 bucks, etc.). I was just using her opinion because she tests all the phones that come through the store. She used a curve for the longest time, then an original iphone (which she hated), then a blackjack 2 which she said was ok, now the Iphone 3g (which she loves).

Just thought the opinion might spark some interest.

coffeedaze no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    27FD43BF
    The thing to remember is AT&T is making a fortune off of iPhone service plans so it is of course in their best interest to sell iPhones. The iPhone is great bus is missing basic features (MMS, Video) and is not a good business option.

Your best bet is to upgrade your OS and clear out some memory to help it from locking up. I have had much less problems with 4.5 than I did with 4.3 on my 8130 (Verizon).
    9810 AT&T - PIN# 27FD43BF

Fried Rice Mofo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    318B6D52
    I see where your coming from BHD.

Then again, I don't care for the iPhone either. Friend of mine has one too, and he's let me play with it. Not all that impressed.

I say the same as others. JL Cmdr'd it, and then reinstall.

PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    I am currently running the newest version of 4.5. I have also wiped a reinstalled several times. I just find it odd that this has to be done. Why do we need to reset our phones once a day, twice a week, or even once a week for that matter. It is just a hassle.

I am not saying I want the iphone by no means. I am saying that with the delays, RIM constantly launching a new OS update and none of them working (memory losses, freezing and shutting down, etc), it makes people begin to think about other options.

I am just as excited about the launch of the bold as everyone else is, however, if they plan to wait until Christmas or longer, but all the while telling us another week, another week, another week...... plus it is already evident with more software updates and new .o253 or .267..... makes you wonder, thats all.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    You complaining about reseting a BlackBerry

Google iPhone and Locked Boot Screen. You don't know what a dream it is to have a BlackBerry, until you experience a lock up on an iPhone

The iPhone locks up on you when you least expect it and there is nothing you can do. The only way to repair it is to launch iTunes. If you are lucky, you can hold the Home and Power Button at the same time and pray.

The worse part, this can happen at anytime, so if you are away on a business trip, and it locks up, you are screwed. You will have no phone. You will be begging to do a battery pull. Unfortunately, Apple thinks that people are too stupid and sealed the battery in the phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast