Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

So if Verizon got its hands on the Palm Pre would you leave your Blackberry ... General Blackberry forum

williamsj83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305845BF

Advertisement

So if Verizon got its hands on the Palm Pre would you leave your Blackberry Storm in the dust?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by MR. H View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I'm waiting on the Palm Pre and it might be bye bye BB.
    I'm waiting for the Treo Pro and have already stated in my bbm status that as soon as the Treo Pro is out, I'm gone.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by williamsj83 View Post
    So if Verizon got its hands on the Palm Pre would you leave your Blackberry Storm in the dust?
    Both the Palm Pre and the Treo Pro are going to Sprint.

ghettomedic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    28028AA4
    1) OTA calendar and contact sync without have to use desktop redirector, BES or any 3rd party software.
    2) More medical software developed

Jim
    _______
    Jim Girvin
    CC/NREMT-Paramedic
    EMT-Tactical

flight.medic.752@gmail.com
    PIN: 28028AA4

PIN/ID
    305845BF
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Both the Palm Pre and the Treo Pro are going to Sprint.
    I know but im sure it wouldnt be to long before Palm goes knocking on Verizons door.... Those are the sort of things that come your way when your the largest carrier... especially when Palm is in desperate need of revenue.... and im sure a lot of people will not leave Verizon for Sprint....

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiy View Post
    Hmm after reading through the forums I noticed all phones have issues. iPhone, HTC, all of them. Most new models from all companies have bugs. Also a lot of complaints about RIM is about issues with beta software. Come on! It beta so of course there's issues. We're not even supposed to have it. As far as bb's go the official os's are usually stable including .76. A slow camera is NOT a unstable os, its a slow app. A lot of problems are user error too . Removing the wrong thing trying to save memory, not reading instructions properly, overworking the cpu, etc. Try to install/ uninstall a bunch of beta and official apps and os's on your PC. It'll probably be slow and buggy, freezing up too.
    Anyway I would like to see a full fledged browser, and an app store for all bb made by RIM. Developers could submit apps directly to RIM (not like the vzw storm only app).
    I agree that every make and model of phone has issues. However there is nothing new about that. Its been a fact of life for years. What _is_ new as of the last several months is the degradation of RIMs quality control, attention to detail, and failure to deliver a phone that operates properly. It's also RIMs problem that they are so disorganized & run a company that has such poor security that Beta software is leaking out like rainwater. All of these issues are new, as RIM seems to have suddenly become overwhelmed after their entry in to the consumer market. After all it is RIM themselves that trumpeted how fantastic the Bold would be during the press release last May. No other models were mentioned therefore the public was lead to believe the Bold would be the flagship & released during the summer as RIM announced. Summer came & went, no Bold. Then suddenly out of nowhere came the 8220 which leap frogged the Bold into the retail stores for sale. Still no word on the Bold. Then they barely get the Bold out, when the Storm hits. In the mean time the Bold is failing so badly that Orange in the UK pulls it from its lineup. From this writers opinion they could not possibly deal with three new devices which were released so close to one another and so filled with bugs. Performance problems and consumer complaints reinforced this. Thus he we have with a company that just one short year ago was building & selling terrific, secure, stable high quality smartphones without the very significant problems of today's models. Therefore for those of us with BlackBerry experience and who have watched them slide downhill, its disappointing and not conducive to consumer confidence. However that said its not unusual as we know for great companies to stumble and fall. It remains to be seen how they decide to handle this, as so far they seem overwhelmed. Time will tell.

~via BoldBerry 6 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Hmm. Good point. It just seems the biggest unacceptable issues are with the storm. Most peoples curves, pearls, and bolds work fine. Yeah some of them complain but usually after a upgrade or app they installed. Maybe they messed with MML. Sometimes its faulty software or hardware but not always. RIM definitely need to step their game up, I just don't think its as bad a people make it seem. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by Safiy; 01-25-2009 at 01:32 PM.

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    I would also like to point out that perception is reality. If all you're reading is negative threads, or posts with reviews and complaints about beta os and first run phones it would appear to be an epidemic anyone. With .76 my storm was near flawless, save the slow camera and video cam gliching sometimes. If there was a way for e everyone to make threads about whats right about the storm and other bb's without being redundant we probably would. Peoples image of RIM would change too.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by Safiy; 01-25-2009 at 01:50 PM.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Another one here for an app store. It should have already been up and running, but it's not so we must wait. Once it becomes available, it should have not only useful ones, but some fun and entertaining apps (similar or better than a certain competitor's app store).

iKevin09 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    302CC0D6
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarspicebaby1 View Post
    MAC COMPATIBLE SOFTWARE! I and many users on here have had SO many issues with being able to use our beloved BB's with our choice of more stable Macs. We cannot update our OS without having to borrow someone's Windows system or use migration, and the software that is available is flawed (PocketMac can't always delete themes/programs -MissingSync doesn't even offer that feature) While Mac may be a competitor via the iPhone offering such software would help to secure and continue to attract users to BB who see the many problems with the iPhone, while BBs have been tried and true, especially for business purposes.
    I totally agree, 100%. Even though I'm using Windows right now, and will be getting a free HP laptop, complements of Brown College; I'm going to be buying myself a 15" MacBook Pro and I really, really want Mac-compatible software.
    Inside the mind of a gay high school athlete. Sound interesting? See below.
    Twitter|Blog|Flickr|iJustine
    Add me on BlackBerry Messenger. I don't bite. PIN: 302CC0D6.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    The new CDK for us to start making themes for the storm users so they stop complaining about the lack of themes
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    305845BF
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    The new CDK for us to start making themes for the storm users so they stop complaining about the lack of themes
    I agree.... RIM better have something big up their sleeves to keep us waiting this long to be able to make themes for the Storm..... im actually starting to get a lil mad.....lol

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    I can't believe we all didn't say that. The stock one is cool but a lil "blueprint" wouldn't hurt~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I think RIM should try and support Android before they become one of the only few smart phone manufactures who don't.

PIN/ID
    305845BF
    I seriously dont believe RIM would think its fans would be content with the STORM as is, and not giving us ways to at least have cool themes to pass the time... and to add insult to injury they only gave it one stock theme.... COME ON RIM... EQUAL BLACKBERRYS UNDER LAW.....lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast