Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

MAC COMPATIBLE SOFTWARE! I and many users on here have had SO many issues with ... General Blackberry forum

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

MAC COMPATIBLE SOFTWARE! I and many users on here have had SO many issues with being able to use our beloved BB's with our choice of more stable Macs. We cannot update our OS without having to borrow someone's Windows system or use migration, and the software that is available is flawed (PocketMac can't always delete themes/programs -MissingSync doesn't even offer that feature) While Mac may be a competitor via the iPhone offering such software would help to secure and continue to attract users to BB who see the many problems with the iPhone, while BBs have been tried and true, especially for business purposes.

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by blackninja View Post
    Nothing will ever "kill the iphone" since it has found its own niche. ...
    What I'd like to see from RIM is LESS focus on competiting with the iPhone and more focus on giving us consistant OS's without huge memory leaks and "luck-of-the-draw" upgrades which seem to take us 2 steps back 1 step forward.
    I disagree with you some. While yes, there is a large community of iPhone users, there is a thread on Pinstack specifically for BB users like myself who also own a Mac. RIM needs to acknowledge us as consumers and as I stated in my other reply make software compatible for us also.

skillz9669 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    209949D9
    Iphone killer huh? I don't know if i want an iphone killer phone, i don't even want an iphone period.

What i do WANT/NEED is what most people have said. I have a bold from ATT and the memory issue is HUGE, I added 2 themes and 2 apps and my memory for apps was down to under 2mb, this is ridiculous. This is a $400+ phone. The phone started to get slower and slower.

Sifting through my pictures takes FOREVER!! I want to show someone a picture and I have to give myself 5 minutes to get to it.

BB needs a WAY better browser, we shouldn't be looking for better browsers all the time. It needs better java support, page rendering, and speed of loading from its oem browser

Better video support: It comes stock with a BEAUTIFUL video of speed racer clip, guess what, if I put a movie on there and try to fast forward it either goes way out of sync or locks up.

calendar is still very basic and not very user friendly, too repetitive, can't even see a whole day in single window without scrolling. Should have accordian style to squeeze down free time. to minimize viewing size.

Blackberry has been my choice of phones for almost a decade now. The problem now adays is, I am no longer 16-21 where it was FUN to fix my phone on my own. Now I just want to customize it a bit, have it work by itself and be able to show it off a bit.

oh yeah, and games that make some use of this Half-VGA display!!!!
    -Skillz-

"If winners never quit and quitters never win, then people who never win and never quit are just IDIOTS"

williamsj83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305845BF
    It just sounds like RIM just all around dropped the ball.. and to Think there are already Beta versions out for the New Curve (Javelin) and it hasnt even fully launched yet... thats scary.... could it be the once careful RIM is not putting Quantity over Quality.... o my

MooseBerry no está en línea Stack level 2
    The fact that we as users have to do all these OS upgrades ourselves, or that RIM actually sells devices with buggy software really is rediculous! Could you imagine if your car needed this much work to do what it's supposed to? The more I read here, the more frustrated I get! I know the device does a lot, but there's a lot it doesn't do, and many of the things it does, are not full featured. Come on RIM, step up to the plate here!
    My BB History: 7510>7520>7100>7100t>7130c>8700c>8100>8300>8310>81 30>8330>9530>9630

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Better communications from RIM and the carriers in regards to launch dates, new products, etc.

I really want a next generation Pearl with the new OS, faster processor, more memory, etc.. Oh and please don't screw up the browser like you did on the Pearl Flip.

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    Better browser.

Not releasing handsets without a decent os on them e.g the bold and the storm.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseBerry View Post
    The fact that we as users have to do all these OS upgrades ourselves, or that RIM actually sells devices with buggy software really is rediculous! Could you imagine if your car needed this much work to do what it's supposed to? The more I read here, the more frustrated I get! I know the device does a lot, but there's a lot it doesn't do, and many of the things it does, are not full featured. Come on RIM, step up to the plate here!
    Very well said!.... Time will reveal just how much RIM cares.

~via BoldBerry 6 (wap.pinstack.com)~

So far this thread is very revealing. As the number of people who have had such unacceptable experiences with new BlackBerrys, care more about RIM correcting their shoddy practices, than what the next BlackBerry should include. Not a great testimony to the integrity, or lack thereof, from RIM. The message is loud and clear. The question becomes...is RIM listening?

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspicebaby1 View Post
    MAC COMPATIBLE SOFTWARE! I and many users on here have had SO many issues with being able to use our beloved BB's with our choice of more stable Macs. We cannot update our OS without having to borrow someone's Windows system or use migration, and the software that is available is flawed (PocketMac can't always delete themes/programs -MissingSync doesn't even offer that feature) While Mac may be a competitor via the iPhone offering such software would help to secure and continue to attract users to BB who see the many problems with the iPhone, while BBs have been tried and true, especially for business purposes.
    As an avid user of OSX, Linux & XP, it's apparent to me that RIM is having a hard enough time just creating an OS for its own BlackBerrys. It would be very encouraging to see RIM move forward into the present and actually back up the claims they make with the products they are currently charging premium prices for. And while the word is out that they have finally acknowledged that Macs exist, the precarious position that RIM is currently in, may prevent them from delivering on what may very well be just another pie in the sky promise. Just my observation from ground zero....heh!

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbluemusic View Post
    Better browser.

Not releasing handsets without a decent os on them e.g the bold and the storm.
    Ahh...yes. Another request for RIM to get with the program, and start performing up to current day standards in the industry they have chosen to operate in.

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Ahh...yes. Another request for RIM to get with the program, and start performing up to current day standards in the industry they have chosen to operate in.

5 months with a bold and it still suffers hourglass issues.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbluemusic View Post
    5 months with a bold and it still suffers hourglass issues.
    Yes... It's a very revealing example of RIMs new found complacency which is further fueled by those owners that choose denial, or to defend RIM. If more were to push back and demand quality and a BlackBerry that operates properly, especially after paying a premium price for inferior performance, the new models might be better.

Last edited by archer6; 01-25-2009 at 10:19 AM.

MR. H no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301a4489
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what I think will keep BB users and attract new ones: a full super rich browser, if they wanna compete with touch phones then RIM should bring a treo type touch/physical buttons type device. If their gonna continue with the track ball it should come in black or smoke gray, how many of you have brown and yellow track balls right now. Also like the guys from palm said "companies should focus on their own product making it the best it can be, not shooting for a IPhone killer with the release of every device" to add to that there will never be a iphone killer unless iphone releases another Iphone to kill the previous one (2g-3g) I have friends who own Iphones and they have the same problems out of their device as anyone else can have out of a BB or anyother smart phone, 3 of them even carry a BB along with the IPhone I for one can't do full touch, I have to have physical keys (to drive and txt with out looking lol). So its all in what you want your device to do..I'm waiting on the Palm Pre and it might be bye bye BB.

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseBerry View Post
    Hmm after reading through the forums I noticed all phones have issues. iPhone, HTC, all of them. Most new models from all companies have bugs. Also a lot of complaints about RIM is about issues with beta software. Come on! It beta so of course there's issues. We're not even supposed to have it. As far as bb's go the official os's are usually stable including .76. A slow camera is NOT a unstable os, its a slow app. A lot of problems are user error too . Removing the wrong thing trying to save memory, not reading instructions properly, overworking the cpu, etc. Try to install/ uninstall a bunch of beta and official apps and os's on your PC. It'll probably be slow and buggy, freezing up too.
    Anyway I would like to see a full fledged browser, and an app store for all bb made by RIM. Developers could submit apps directly to RIM (not like the vzw storm only app).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast