Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

What would it take for RIM to become unmatched in the industry. What would a ... General Blackberry forum

williamsj83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305845BF

What New Would You Like to See from RIM

Advertisement

What would it take for RIM to become unmatched in the industry. What would a true Iphone Killer from RIM have to have or do?

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    They've got to polish the browser, and work on the media player - natively enabling podcasts, streaming radio, etc.

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    I would like to be able to get TV feeds

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tbhuang2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Please fix problems that have been around since day one.

1) Allow the option to vibrate and ring at the same time!
    2) Multiple alarms. More sophisticated alarm schedule to suit different days of the week.
    3) When viewing pictures on my 8130 (SureType keyboard), please assign 4 and 6 to go to the previous and next pictures, respectively. As of now we have to click back then scroll to the next picture... as of now it's pathetically primitive, really.
    4) A spot in the menu for creating a new task while looking at my calender.
    5) Fix Gmail so it supports instantaneous 2-way synchronization...

That's all I can think of at the moment.
    BB Wishlist:
    -Gmail BIS integration with an effective 2-way read/unread sync solution.
    -More capable integrated alarm.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    Nothing will ever "kill the iphone" since it has found its own niche. The simplest equivalent to what you're asking, imo, is like "what kind of bread needs to come out to kill rye? go!"

The iPhone services it's own audience and demographic. Simple OS, strong on media, clean computer interface (iTunes). It's a glorified iPod with some basic phone abilities. It took away iPod owners need to carry a phone. Like Apple computers are to PC's, it is now a permanent competitor.

What I'd like to see from RIM is LESS focus on competiting with the iPhone and more focus on giving us consistant OS's without huge memory leaks and "luck-of-the-draw" upgrades which seem to take us 2 steps back 1 step forward. The consisitancy we used to have with 4.1 and prior. I never used to have ANY bugs with old reliable (8700). While new features are nice, I'd rather see current ones perfected.

PIN/ID
    305845BF
    I think RIM should focus on as blackninga said delivering solid OS builds... The storm for as long as it has been out should not still have the same problems. I think for the storm they should have given it 8GB of built in Memory with an expansion slot... Like the Samsung Omnia has 8GB built in and an expansion slot which will suport up to 16GB for the time being....

I think for the STorm instead of modifying an existing interface to fit touchscreen they should have went all out and created a new interface with strong media capabillities, browser, something that would leave a twinkle in your eye everytime you picked it up... Not something you want to throw when you picked it up...

Dont get me wrong i love my storm but i expected a little bit more from RIM and Verizon.

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhuang2 View Post
    Please fix problems that have been around since day one.

1) Allow the option to vibrate and ring at the same time!
    2) Multiple alarms. More sophisticated alarm schedule to suit different days of the week.
    3) When viewing pictures on my 8130 (SureType keyboard), please assign 4 and 6 to go to the previous and next pictures, respectively. As of now we have to click back then scroll to the next picture... as of now it's pathetically primitive, really.
    4) A spot in the menu for creating a new task while looking at my calender.
    5) Fix Gmail so it supports instantaneous 2-way synchronization...

That's all I can think of at the moment.
    1) agreed!
    2) that has been adressed on the bold, dont know about the 8130, maybe a new os will fix that?
    3) try "N" for next and "P" for previous, thats the way it works on qwerty models, dont know about suretype
    4) a new task or a new calendar item?
    5) agreed! but that would take away from BES

i agree with the poster who wanted more SOLID OS builds. i would also like to see apps run from removable storage, or, to increase the available application memory (128 megs, really?)

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    First off I think RIM has to go back to basics and start with more successful launches. The bold and the storm had very horrible launches with too many customer complaints with hardware issues. I would like if anything to have my faith back in RIM. I want to be able to go buy a phone with the confidence that I once had.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    A new theme builder that includes Javelin and Storm with a preset Crossbar theme template

MooseBerry no está en línea Stack level 2
    A stable OS. This is rediculous!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Create a high quality handset, and a stable, functional operating system. Eliminate the need for the user to fix the phone. Let's get the quality control back.

PIN/ID
    305845BF
    The Storm has the ability to respond to touch without the click... If you dont believe me install Opera Mini on your phone and watch it activate things without you having to click on your selection.... so they should provide an option that lets you choose what type of input it will respond to.....

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I agree with everyone here. I would LOVE to see the following:

1) new browser
    2) new media player
    3) app store
    4) pay as u go data plans (I realize this has to come from the carriers but it would be nice)
    5) stable OS releases (I have updated at least 50 times on my last 4 phones, 3 8100's and an 8120)
    6) pearls with 1 GB internal storage or more, 3G, WiFi AND GPS all in one
    7) a better battery (the 7100's used to last 4-6 days on one charge)

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    dont think youll get all youre asking for in a pearl, and if you do, then you wont get 4-6 days battery life

think about all the things the 71xx DIDNT do

PIN/ID
    305845BF
    I dont know about anyone else with the Storm but after having 4.7.0.90 im ready for another beta already.....lol i mean the addition o the qwerty keyboard in portrait was unexpected and rather nice but i want some reall good features and stability now

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast