Okay, I may just be dumb, but I don't know what the "in holster" setting ... General Blackberry forum

benhamtroll no está en línea Stack level 1

what is "in holster"?

Advertisement

Okay, I may just be dumb, but I don't know what the "in holster" setting in the profile refers to. Is it simply when you have the phone locked, or is it something completely different. There seems to be no source that simply explains what the heck it is.

thagame911 no está en línea Stack level 3
    When the phone is in the case.

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    The opposite of "out of holster".

Wow. Not really helpful. How would a phone know when it's in the case? Does it know when it's in my pocket? What button is pressed to be considered "in holster"?

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    actually they did answer your question, and were helpful you just didn't understand what they were saying. there is no button to press to put it in a case. you simply place the phone in the case. the cases that rim makes have magnets in them that put the phone on standby when they come in contact with the phone. therefore the phone knows it's in the holster. it doesn't work on just any case, only ones with magnets.

so simply, being "in holster" means exactly that. the phone is in its case.

Thank you. That answer was helpful. The others were not, due to the fact that they assumed knowledge that my original post clearly demonstrated I did not possess. Helpfulness in this case would be defined by the answer providing enough information to create understanding, as opposed to indicating that the knowledge should be a part of the askers cultural awareness. That said, would I be correct in assuming that "in holster" ONLY applies to when the BB is in contact with this special magnet?

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by benhamtroll View Post
    Wow. Not really helpful. How would a phone know when it's in the case? Does it know when it's in my pocket? What button is pressed to be considered "in holster"?
    I'm sorry. I did not know there was more to "in holster" other than it meaning that the phone is in it's holster.

Sometimes a little more thorough explanation is in order for BB newbies. Not everything is evident. PSI Chick's answer is correct. Blackberry has provided cases that hook to your belt, and if you want to you can set the device to answer an incoming call when it is removed from the case, and end the call when it is put back in the case. The settings to activate/deactivate this feature are in the Profile settings

boob_1029 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32C73EFE
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I love how awesome it is that I can put my berry in its case and it knows where it is

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by benhamtroll View Post
    Thank you. That answer was helpful. The others were not, due to the fact that they assumed knowledge that my original post clearly demonstrated I did not possess. Helpfulness in this case would be defined by the answer providing enough information to create understanding, as opposed to indicating that the knowledge should be a part of the askers cultural awareness. That said, would I be correct in assuming that "in holster" ONLY applies to when the BB is in contact with this special magnet?
    Thank you for summoning that up so eloquently.

Perhaps next time if you word your questions more specifically with the same eloquence of your previous post, you might have received the more "helpful" answer you seemed to be looking for.

But whatever...our bad.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by boob_1029 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I love how awesome it is that I can put my berry in its case and it knows where it is
    Same here. I love that feature. Saves me the time of pressing the mute button.

boob_1029 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32C73EFE
    Quote Originally Posted by icaro2000 View Post
    Same here. I love that feature. Saves me the time of pressing the mute button.
    Yea that gets kinda annoying