I'm on a T-mobile SmartAccess plan and therefore I had to drop to the 300 ... General Blackberry forum

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

What happened to t-mobile data plan?

Advertisement

I'm on a T-mobile SmartAccess plan and therefore I had to drop to the 300 minute plan to add the blackberry data plan. At least that's what I thought.

The lady I was talking to to help me switch plans couldn't find the data plan. She found the email plan but said it didn't include web browsing.

Then she said I had to switch to a blackberry rate plan in order to add the blackberry email.

I asked to talk to someone in the blackberry department and she said unfortanutely there is not a blackberry department.

I know I've talked to people in the blackberry department before and I thought there used to be a blackberry data plan which included email and web browsing for 19.99. Anyone know what is going on?

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Re: What happened to t-mobile data plan?

Did you get a name or rep ID? Call back apparently that person is totally clueless! And what she means that there is no Blackberry dept? I think she fell and hit her head HARD!! I spoke to the BB dept only days ago and if you log on to their site and select the blackberry you want then select plans you will see all the plans they have avail for the blackberry!!
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

The feature is availible it just may not be availible to smartaccess customers. log into your mytmobile account and check the optional features for your priceplan.. If it is availible it will be there.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

It is available to Smart Access, I almost had to do the same thing and downgrade to 300 minutes but I talk way too much and just waited for my year to be up before I can get it. It sounds like the rep doesn't know what she's talking about. Occasionally you get retards like that. Try calling 611, when you're the recording says "Tell us why you're calling" say "Blackberry Support." She will confirm what you said by telling you "A Blackberry or PDA device." Those people know what they're talking about. Give them your number and they'll fix it for you

I finally talked to someone who knew what they were doing. All is good. I should have internet and email access in a few hours.

The only problem is I'm going to have to stretch 300 minutes over a one month period. I did get the night time minutes for 2.99 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Justyn
    It is available to Smart Access, I almost had to do the same thing and downgrade to 300 minutes but I talk way too much and just waited for my year to be up before I can get it. It sounds like the rep doesn't know what she's talking about. Occasionally you get retards like that. Try calling 611, when you're the recording says "Tell us why you're calling" say "Blackberry Support." She will confirm what you said by telling you "A Blackberry or PDA device." Those people know what they're talking about. Give them your number and they'll fix it for you
    I tried to switch to Flex Plan but they couldn't do it. She said they put a stop to switching to Flex Plan from Smart Access. The Flex Plan sounded great too she was telling me all about it then said she couldn't do it.

PIN/ID
    n/a

You should get it in less than a few hours, but at the latest maybe 2. I got mine in about 45 minutes. The icon and email setup showed up on my phone about an hour before I got my confirmation text, so keep checking periodically. When the icon does show up make sure you do a battery pull, count to 10, then stick it back in. If for some reason you get your confirmation text but no icon shows up, the battery pull will reset your phone and it should show up once it reboots. Have fun!

PIN/ID
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by b_d0za
    I tried to switch to Flex Plan but they couldn't do it. She said they put a stop to switching to Flex Plan from Smart Access. The Flex Plan sounded great too she was telling me all about it then said she couldn't do it.
    Yeah your smart access will prohibit anything like that until your first year's up

Quote Originally Posted by Justyn
    You should get it in less than a few hours, but at the latest maybe 2. I got mine in about 45 minutes. The icon and email setup showed up on my phone about an hour before I got my confirmation text, so keep checking periodically. When the icon does show up make sure you do a battery pull, count to 10, then stick it back in. If for some reason you get your confirmation text but no icon shows up, the battery pull will reset your phone and it should show up once it reboots. Have fun!
    Cool. Thanks for the info.

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

b_d0za: If you get the right rep (I went to my local store) you can have internet added to pretty much any smart access plan. I'm on the 39.99 for 1,000 min deal using smart access, it didn't come with internet and the only way to have it show up on my.tmobile.com was to downgrade to 300 min. Going to the store the guy called TMobile and had internet added to the 1,000 min plan like I wanted.
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Lol at the problems you all are going thru tmobile sucks I spent 2 weeks with them and it was 1 day two long I wasn't on smart acess but the thought of someone telling me what plan I can have is crazy ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Lol at the problems you all are going thru tmobile sucks I spent 2 weeks with them and it was 1 day two long I wasn't on smart acess but the thought of someone telling me what plan I can have is crazy ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Most the time if your getting the smart access plan then your credit isn't that good. So it's either TMobile with smart access, or no cellphone at all (other than complete prepaid). Whatever company your with would also tell us what plan we can get... none.
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.