I see this option under Options, Advanced, Message services. Currently, the default is mycingular.blackberry.net email ... General Blackberry forum

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

What does Messaging (CMIME) mean?

Advertisement

I see this option under Options, Advanced, Message services. Currently, the default is mycingular.blackberry.net email address. Does this have to do with what default email address is used when I send an email from my blackberry? If that is the case, I would like my yahoo email address to be the default. Should I change it to my yahoo.com email address?

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Re: What does Messaging (CMIME) mean?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You hit it right on the button. That is the default "Sent From" email address. You can either change that, or before you send an email, change the "Sent From" field.

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

In case anyone's wondering on the Curve it's now under options/advanced options/default services. Might be change on the 4.2 os, not sure.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by walds11
    I see this option under Options, Advanced, Message services. Currently, the default is mycingular.blackberry.net email address. Does this have to do with what default email address is used when I send an email from my blackberry? If that is the case, I would like my yahoo email address to be the default. Should I change it to my yahoo.com email address?
    This is the easiest way to change your default sending email address.

Options
    Advanced Options
    Message Services
    You will see the current default email.
    Click and switch the email and that will be your default sending email.

Good Luck
    ~red

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Though you need to be aware that the BB will "remember" the last email account you used in emailing a recipient. When you compose a new email to that recipient again it will default to the account you last used -- overriding the default setting in Message Services.

You can, however, always scroll up into the headers when composing to manually select the account you're sending from.