hey was just wondering what that meant. i play around with the pearl i got, ... General Blackberry forum

franfran no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ECF3BE

what does it mean when they say "holster"?

Advertisement

hey was just wondering what that meant. i play around with the pearl i got, and it always shows up int he options.. just confused what it means

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

Re: what does it mean when they say "holster"?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Its when the phone is inside the magnetic holster.(case, I bought mine at tmobile, the cheap ones for 20.)
    You can choose a different profile setting for it. I usually set on vibrate when its in holster since its in the holster and I usually put it in my pocket.

ednap no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24FF13F0

Sounds more complicated than it is, but in simple terms BB has two distinct states called In Holster and Out of Holster.

If you like, the word Holster can be translated to case. So you can configure how you want your BB to behave when you place it in the case or when you take it out of the case. But it ins't just any case. The case must have an inbuilt magnet like the genuine BB holster does.

What does the magnet do? The magnet activates a hardware switch on the BB which switches the BB from the "out of Holster or out of case" settings to the "In Holster or in case " settings as you either place your BB in the case or remove it from the case.

Once configured it can be used for example to vibrate when In Holster (or in the case) and ring when Out of Holster (out of the case) each and every time you take the BB out of the case without you having to press any buttons at all.

It is a neat and handy feature so when selecting a case it is a good idea to get one with the magnet pre installed. The cases which have this feature let you know about it in their description.

Hope this helps.

Ed

franfran no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ECF3BE

thanks guys

ednap no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24FF13F0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    No worries, glad to help. Makes me feel better for all the help I get from others. :-)

Ed

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ your welcome..