A month ago my Pearl's keypad stopped working. Everything else seemed to be working fine ... General Blackberry forum

E!
    E! no está en línea Stack level 2

What do you think???

Advertisement

A month ago my Pearl's keypad stopped working. Everything else seemed to be working fine except that the trackball could only be pressed once to make a selection before it would crap out too. The phone was never dropped or got wet. I had Opera Mini, Weather Bug and Y!Go running on it, which all froze up in the month before the phone died. My problem is if I send the phone back to at&t they will give me a new phone, but charge me up to $350 if they say it was something I did that killed it. Is this worth it? Is there a way to fix the phone? I need some insight! Thank you.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: What do you think???

Try this first.

1) Clean your trackball and/or BB. I will let someone else more experienced with taking it all apart fill in the details.

2) Take the battery and or SIM card out for 30 seconds. Hold the power button down. Reinsert both battery and SIM card and see if that helps. This will reboot Opera Mini, Weather Bug and Yahoo! Go.

If that doesn't work, try this:

3) Delete everything from your PC that relates to BB. Go to your Control Panel and select Add/Delete Programs and remove EVERYTHING BB related.

You could also follow this following step:

Go to Start>Run and type in regedit.
    Then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software. Locate and delete the Research In Motion folder.

Then go to HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Research in Motion. Locate and delete this folder also.

4) Reinstall the Desktop Manager and Device OS found here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_4_2_1_a.html

5) Delete the vendor.xml file. Connect your BB to PC and open Desktop Manager>App Loader.

DO NOT disconnect the BB from the PC when it starts the process.

If none of the above work, then you might need a new device.

E!
    E! no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: What do you think???

Couldn't find vendor.xml file, Thank you though. If you can please tell me where I can find it.