Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thank you all for your help.. Probably looking at AT&T as they will be getting ... General Blackberry forum

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Advertisement

Thank you all for your help.. Probably looking at AT&T as they will be getting the Bold

Kero351 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242ed7b2
    Stay away from Verizon. They have a tendency to cripple their phones. That is unacceptable in our times and simply for that plus their many similar acts I severely dis-recommend Verizon. The few people I know who have verizon get terrible service (in Phoenix, AZ and Manhattan)

AT&T has a good network with 3-g service, but prices are not as good as other providers. Does however have rollover. I had used the original ATT an expericed several service issue, but from what I understand its a lot better.

T-mobile has the best deals on plans, but no 3-g. Pro is that they promote taking your phone with you. I forgot the name of the thing... uh... Free something alliance.

Sprint Not gsm. Plans on releasing Xohm, which would be fantastic- when it comes. Has decent plans. They have terrible Customer service. I had a lot of dropped calls in Phoenix, AZ and almost no service in San Francisco.

I personally have t-mobile and have no problems. I've had great coverage in Phoenix, AZ Chicago, IL and in Ft walton Bch, FL. Also they do have the best rates I've found on unlimited data, despite no 3g (Edge is slower, but I can survive). I have only had one dropped call ever.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Can't go wrong with T-Mobile. There phones are decent and EDGE is definitely not the fastest. When it comes to the exact same plans like the other carriers we are the cheapest for sure.

---
    Any questions/problems with your Curve 8320 feel free to contact me via E-mail. heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lalctaylor no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my 2 cents....AT&T. Had all 3 of the big boys (verizon, att, anf tmobile). AT&T is by far the best with customer service. Try to meet a rep, then establish a relationship. I've used the same guy the entire time with them. I do all plan changes through him, and he takes great care of me. Welcome to the States, and good luck.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by anoxia187 View Post
    Hi can someone help me out. I mite be moving to the USA from Canada. What cell phone network do ppl recommend over there I know there's. Tmo, AT&T, Cingular, Verizon and Sprint not sure what others. I am looking for at network that uses GSM simcards not a CDMA.Thanks.

AT&T! Best Coverage, and the only one with Rollover Min, don't use all your min for the month, don't worry they just rollover to the next month, and it keeps going and going. The 12 month cycle is by the month, not annually as some may think, so you will never just loose all your rollover min. at one time.

mikells43 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kero351 View Post
    Stay away from Verizon. They have a tendency to cripple their phones. That is unacceptable in our times and simply for that plus their many similar acts I severely dis-recommend Verizon. The few people I know who have verizon get terrible service (in Phoenix, AZ and Manhattan)

AT&T has a good network with 3-g service, but prices are not as good as other providers. Does however have rollover. I had used the original ATT an expericed several service issue, but from what I understand its a lot better.

T-mobile has the best deals on plans, but no 3-g. Pro is that they promote taking your phone with you. I forgot the name of the thing... uh... Free something alliance.

Sprint Not gsm. Plans on releasing Xohm, which would be fantastic- when it comes. Has decent plans. They have terrible Customer service. I had a lot of dropped calls in Phoenix, AZ and almost no service in San Francisco.

I personally have t-mobile and have no problems. I've had great coverage in Phoenix, AZ Chicago, IL and in Ft walton Bch, FL. Also they do have the best rates I've found on unlimited data, despite no 3g (Edge is slower, but I can survive). I have only had one dropped call ever.

verizon only cripples the gps. thats all. and its for privacy reasons that in the end benifit the customer. meaning they are looking out for us so a big boss told me. if you file a complaint on this one website they will call you and tell you why they do it.

i would rather have a gps crippled and a phone that works everywhere. i can't even put my att phone in my pocket cause it wolnt ring lol.

Moe2005 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mikells43 View Post
    verizon only cripples the gps. thats all. and its for privacy reasons that in the end benifit the customer. meaning they are looking out for us so a big boss told me.
    That is the biggest load of bull crap I have ever heard. Have you seen the rest of Verizon's phones? All of the UI's look the same. Look at the the same phones from other companies if you know what I mean. The only people it benefits is them (Verizon) because they can make money off of charging you for it.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    just spoke with someone pretty high up in tmo...they said tmo being bought are rumors...he would justify or anything..he laughed when i asked though and said those are just rumors and that tmo is doing way to well to be bought out, also tmo is pushing 3g rightnow so a buyout wouldnt be smart of them after spending so much on 3g. That is NOT official info though...just thought id share with my stackers.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    tmo has gotten jd power award 4 or 5 years straight..says something right there doesnt it.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Kero351 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242ed7b2
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe2005 View Post
    That is the biggest load of bull crap I have ever heard. Have you seen the rest of Verizon's phones? All of the UI's look the same. Look at the the same phones from other companies if you know what I mean. The only people it benefits is them (Verizon) because they can make money off of charging you for it.
    I'm totally in agreement here. I mean't crippling their phones in general. When I first heard they messed with the GPS, so you'd have to pay for their service, it was no surprise.

I really didn't understand the part of the "phone not ringing" bit. Perhaps on Verizon's network their might be a problem like that, but with T-mobile I get all my phone calls everywhere; using GPS, Edge, or whatever else on my phone doesn't factor in. And I dont see how I would have to worry about a security issue from using my GPS with another program. As a whole that story just doesn't make any sense. The only thing they are "protecting" is their hand in your wallet.

PhxBlue no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    NO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kero351 View Post
    The only thing they are "protecting" is their hand in your wallet.
    Agreed. I have tried every big carrier minus Alltel available in the southwestern United States and found Verizon to have the best network (reception) but by far being the worst nickel and dimer outthere.

My wife's on Verizon till next month then she's jumping ship to T-Mobile with me. In my opinion they run a close second in the reception department here in my hometown.
    Last edited by PhxBlue; 07-05-2008 at 09:58 PM.

mdjsimon no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have been with AT&T for a little over 2 yrs great service in area

ikandi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Nitra
    Since you're only considering GSM, I would recommend you go with at&t, at&t has good coverage pretty much everywhere.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    tmo has gotten jd power award 4 or 5 years straight..says something right there doesnt it.
    I do know that TMO has the Best Customer Service overall, but that is about it.

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Thank you everyone for you support on this Thread.. I have Rogers is Canada i can use it in 260 Countrys in the World. Does AT&T and Tmo have that also.. for the Coverage ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast