Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by KeNNethX Yeah...really! Get the rumor straight...T-Mo's parent company German Telkom wants to ... General Blackberry forum

scorpiodsu no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by KeNNethX View Post
    Yeah...really! Get the rumor straight...T-Mo's parent company German Telkom wants to buy Sprint :-D Actually there was a recent story in RCR Wireless News about that. Neither company will deny the rumor.
    Yeah this is correct. T-Mobile is not in trouble. Sprint is the one in trouble.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I wasn't spreading rumors. I was trying to confim what maz94protege posted in his previous post.
    I don't think that comment was directed at you, Erica!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Oh ok. Thanks LOL

AZA43 no está en línea Stack level 2

T-Mo being bought out...huh?

Quote Originally Posted by maz94protege View Post
    T-Mobile is GSM, but will be soon going out of business (being bought out).
    T-Mobile's getting bought out?!?! Where the heck did you come up with that? I'd say that would be VERY unlikely. I think you're confused...

As for the best wireless carrier, it all depends on where you live and which carrier provides the best coverage in that area. If you travel frequently, coverage outside of your local area is obviously more important. Just do a bit of research to see which carriers typically have the best coverage in the areas in which you spend the majority of your time. Some carriers, like T-Mo, have coverage maps available on their sites.

In my experience AT&T and Verizon have the most consistent coverage throughout the U.S.

AZA

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    ATT is the best coverage where I am! I hear Verizon has better cust svc but having never used them could not be for sure!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

tbonanno no está en línea Stack level 2
    Guess I'm going to be the minority view here. I've had ATT / Cingular, T-Mobile, and Sprint. For me Sprint has been the best plan in my coverage area. Better coverage than ATT or TMO here in New Mexico and in most of my travels. Sprint's BB Data plan offers the most bang for the buck and the EV-DO is pretty fast. I've not had any major problems with service or support, other than some clueless reps sometimes (which I don't think is limited to Sprint). I'd check with folks who live in the area you're moving to if possible before making a decision. I use an 8830 with unlocked SIM for overseas GSM. All in all, the service and phone has given me everything I need.
    Tony Bonanno Photography, LLC
    Santa Fe, New Mexico USA

PhxBlue no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    NO!
    Its all going to depend on where you live. Most people love AT&T, except for here in AZ where people have lots of coverage issues with them.

mikells43 no está en línea Stack level 1
    a gsm signal is a weaker signal. i can see both the vzw and the att tower form my kitchen window. i have a vzw curve and an att phone(on fam plan i use it for unlt text lol) and if i put the att phone beside the vzw phone and compair the signals the att phone can't touch the vzw signal. if you move a certan way it affects the gsm att, if you go to a certian area it will affect it. 2 feet can give you full signal or no signal on an my att phone. vzw is solid. calls are landline quality. data is fast and reliable with very little outtage. have been with vzw for 4 years now and no complaints. if i was coming to usa i would say vzw is the way to go. you will not be dissappointed. why you want to stick with sims is up to you i can't be bothered with att or any other company when vzw is blowing them away. thats my opinion only. many others have the same opinion. you might pay more for vzw but its well well worth it. i can drive to the store with my mom. she will be on her att phone, and on the way drop the call and i can use mine the whole time.

i have been with them like i said since 04 and some before that. and i can count the number of dropped calls i have had. in a deep vally or mountianous area yea you can count on that lol. i will prob be a cdma customer for life. so what if they have 3g. i can't even use my att phone in my own bedroom lol i have to hold it upside down (antenna up for lg phone) just to get a text to go thru and i can see the damn tower. hope this helps.

jwhite4304 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I vote for Verizon and am very happy with their coverage wherever I travel in the United States.
    Jimbo

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite4304 View Post
    I vote for Verizon and am very happy with their coverage wherever I travel in the United States.
    Jimbo
    The OP is asking for GSM only...that is ATT or TMO.
    When in Doubt, Pop the Battery Out!

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    I wasn't spreading rumors. I was trying to confim what maz94protege posted in his previous post.
    No...sorry, I was agreeing with you that they have the rumor wrong.
    When in Doubt, Pop the Battery Out!

Smooth23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I have Alltel and have been happy with them for the most part. They have the best service for me, living in the boondocks. Plus I like their MyCircle thing. My bone with sprint is that they never seem to deliver or send text messages instantly, which can be a pain in the arse.
    Alltel was bought by VZW, so I dont know yet how that is going to effect things.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    T-Mobile is being bought out? Where did you see that at?
    ATT has been slowly buying out all small GSM carriers to constantly expand their coverage. I heard this from a rep in the ATT store. So it would prolly be like when Sprint and Nextel merged, slowly all Nextel customers switched to sprint phones. Good thing for TMobile is customers would be able to unlock their phones and keep same equipment just have to swap sim cards.

But when I get a link to the online version ill post it.

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mikells43 View Post
    a gsm signal is a weaker signal. i can see both the vzw and the att tower form my kitchen window. i have a vzw curve and an att phone(on fam plan i use it for unlt text lol) and if i put the att phone beside the vzw phone and compair the signals the att phone can't touch the vzw signal. if you move a certan way it affects the gsm att, if you go to a certian area it will affect it. 2 feet can give you full signal or no signal on an my att phone. vzw is solid. calls are landline quality. data is fast and reliable with very little outtage. have been with vzw for 4 years now and no complaints. if i was coming to usa i would say vzw is the way to go. you will not be dissappointed. why you want to stick with sims is up to you i can't be bothered with att or any other company when vzw is blowing them away. thats my opinion only. many others have the same opinion. you might pay more for vzw but its well well worth it. i can drive to the store with my mom. she will be on her att phone, and on the way drop the call and i can use mine the whole time.

i have been with them like i said since 04 and some before that. and i can count the number of dropped calls i have had. in a deep vally or mountianous area yea you can count on that lol. i will prob be a cdma customer for life. so what if they have 3g. i can't even use my att phone in my own bedroom lol i have to hold it upside down (antenna up for lg phone) just to get a text to go thru and i can see the damn tower. hope this helps.
    AMEN,could not agree more,well said !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mike

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Ive been with AT&T for about 7-8 years now and am satisfied with them. Never had an issue other than their tech help is a little weak, so they usually bounce me to RIM or I find the answer here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast