Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hi can someone help me out. I mite be moving to the USA from Canada. ... General Blackberry forum

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

What Cell network is the best

Advertisement

Hi can someone help me out. I mite be moving to the USA from Canada. What cell phone network do ppl recommend over there I know there's. Tmo, AT&T, Cingular, Verizon and Sprint not sure what others. I am looking for at network that uses GSM simcards not a CDMA.Thanks.

armageddon513 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Verizon is CDMA only for now. The rest are GSM. Out of the rest I would go with Cingular they have good coverage over the nation . Tmo only works good in certain areas, sprint is shady and heard of too many horror stories where people got their contract extended without them knowing. Oh as for att that and Cingular merged and now it is just called Att.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I've had AT&T for eight years now. Did my first plan comparison just for the heck of it back in April ~ features and pricing are pretty much the same among Verizon, AT&T, Tmo, so I stuck with AT&T being that I've NEVER had any problems with them!

ajs3898 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ive had t-mo since 2003 and havent had any problems with them, they have the highest rated customer service, and the prices cant compair to any of the other companies. i dont plan on switching anytime soon.

i would say it would also depend on where abouts ur moving to. i live in los angeles county, california, and the service is pretty good here. the first thing i would do would be go on the different websites for the cell companies and use the coverage maps and compare. keep in mind, t-mobile is pushing out their 3g coverage in most of the major markets by the end of this summer, so the service is only going to get better. and i still cant find any of the other companies plan prices to beat what t-mobile offers.

scorpiodsu no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have had Sprint, Tmobile and now VZW and IMO VZW is the best. Never had ATT so I'm not sure about them, but I don't plan on switching anytime soon.

I would also say it would depend on what you consider the to be factors in making a company the best for you. People have different needs and what may be one company's strengths is another's weakness. So to me, the best depends on you. I hated Sprint and T-mobile, but others love em.

T-mobile has cheaper rates but VZW's and ATTs coverage is way better. So for someone who wants good coverage and great rates, T-mobile is the best. But for those who need the best coverage then they may not be the best choice. There was an article on yahoo not too long account rating the top 5 wireless companies. The ratings were based on customer service, coverage etc...

1. Verizon
    2. Tmobile, ATT
    4. Sprint
    5. Alltel

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yes, where you are moving to will be a major consideration in which provider you choose. As ajs points out, you need to go to each provider's web site and look at their coverage maps. Every single one of them has their "dead spots", so to speak, but any major metro area shouldn't be a problem, in which case you have to look at other things such as plans, variety of devices, etc.

Good luck and welcome to the States!

For what it's worth, I'm a long time AT&T/Cingular customer and have no complaints.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    Sprint is CDMA, def a no no...IMO nothing but problems with them. T-Mobile is GSM, but will be soon going out of business (being bought out). ATT is GSM and Verizon is CDMA...both companies are great, good customer service w/o any problems. Really it comes down to who you know on each network for the UNLIM FREE in-network calling. And/or what phones you like better on each company. I have had all the carriers, right now on a family 4 line plan on verizonwireless, and very happy with the customer support and service/quality of their product.

In the long run, no matter what, in the next 5 years anticipate ATT and Verizonwireless being the only Major carriers here in the U.S.

Welcome to the states! If you need anything else let us know!
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    Quote Originally Posted by anoxia187 View Post
    Hi can someone help me out. I mite be moving to the USA from Canada. What cell phone network do ppl recommend over there I know there's. Tmo, AT&T, Cingular, Verizon and Sprint not sure what others. I am looking for at network that uses GSM simcards not a CDMA.Thanks.
    where ever u move to c who has service in that area,ur choices r att-tmobile there GSM
    verizo-sprint r cdma
    Mike

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by maz94protege View Post
    Sprint is CDMA, def a no no...IMO nothing but problems with them. T-Mobile is GSM, but will be soon going out of business (being bought out). ATT is GSM and Verizon is CDMA...both companies are great, good customer service w/o any problems. Really it comes down to who you know on each network for the UNLIM FREE in-network calling. And/or what phones you like better on each company. I have had all the carriers, right now on a family 4 line plan on verizonwireless, and very happy with the customer support and service/quality of their product.

In the long run, no matter what, in the next 5 years anticipate ATT and Verizonwireless being the only Major carriers here in the U.S.

Welcome to the states! If you need anything else let us know!

T-Mobile is being bought out? Where did you see that at?

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    My vote would be Verizon.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    There are rumors that TMO is buying out Sprint. Not sure where the other info is coming from.

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~att&t I feel is the best never lost a call great customer serivce and well yeah I wouldn't leave them for the world and I recomend them to everone

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Yeah...really! Get the rumor straight...T-Mo's parent company German Telkom wants to buy Sprint :-D Actually there was a recent story in RCR Wireless News about that. Neither company will deny the rumor.
    When in Doubt, Pop the Battery Out!

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by anoxia187 View Post
    Yeah, so for America only major GSM carriers are ATT and TMO...I am on TMO...most bang for the buck. Cheapest data plan and great deal on minutes. ATT on the other hand usually gets new BBs 1st....will get the BOLD first in the US.
    When in Doubt, Pop the Battery Out!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by KeNNethX View Post
    Yeah...really! Get the rumor straight...T-Mo's parent company German Telkom wants to buy Sprint :-D Actually there was a recent story in RCR Wireless News about that. Neither company will deny the rumor.
    I wasn't spreading rumors. I was trying to confim what maz94protege posted in his previous post.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast