View Poll Results: where do ye loyalties lie?

Voters
253. Register free to vote on this poll
  • T-mobile

91 35.97%
  • Cingular /AT&T

86 33.99%
  • Verizon

24 9.49%
  • Sprint/Nextel

22 8.70%
  • Vodafone

1 0.40%
  • Rogers

8 3.16%
  • Other (USA)

10 3.95%
  • Other (International)

18 7.11%
  • None, I use my Blackberry as a paperweight

2 0.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Still on Cingular...OOPS, I meant AT&T at the moment. Didn't set out to become a ... General Blackberry forum

Land Surveyor no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: What carrier are you with and why?

Advertisement

Still on Cingular...OOPS, I meant AT&T at the moment. Didn't set out to become a BB user. Just wanted to get a smartphone since I have a long history with PDA's, both Palm & WM. After I studied the plans available with all of the carriers in my area, I had to conclude T-Mobile has the best package for voice, SMS, email & internet with the BB 1000 Minutes & Mail package, which is important since I foot the bill myself. Also, I work with a guy who is already on T-Mobile and he gets as good coverage as I do. Lastly, I have noticed that even though I live in a rural area close to a couple of towns of about 40,000 population, T-Mobile has been busy putting up towers out here.
    In fact, the only reason I haven't signed a contract with TMO yet is because the local store is having a hard time getting me an 8800. Are these things in short supply or something?

greedy4green no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    I'm with tmobile because they where the cheapest down payment. They turned out to be a pretty good service. And they got the best phones.

DocGo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me

Re: What carrier are you with and why?

Rogers (Canada). They are the main gsm provider in Canada (used to be Rogers and also Fido but Rogers now owned Fido as well).
    8900-user
    DocGo

GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

Quote Originally Posted by mrmoto
    And unlike AT&T, you get to keep ur m2m
    I think your informations a little flawed here...Unlimited M2M, what is there to keep? At&t is the only carrier with Rollover minutes, the other companies don't want to lose that money. Having been with all major U.S. carriers, here are my thoughts:

Tmo- (Free-Mobile) Cheap service yes...Garbage Network

Verizon- Good network, Needs ALOT of help with customer service. Had a little problem with a phone, absolutely no help and I only had the phone for a couple weeks...shut off that service.

Sp-rextel- Don't even get me started. They need to get stuff figured out.

AT&T- Yes I do work for them, but I was a customer before an employee. As we do have a few thing we need to figure out, an AWESOME medium between all the other carriers mentioned above.
    Cingular is now the new at&t

mrmoto no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CA582C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if ur not using all ur "anytime" min ok, so be it, they roll over but ur paying for unused min. With unlimited m2m, there no cap so there's no worry for roll over. I use o prob close to 3500 min total. But only have. 500 in plan. By my math u would have to roll over a lot of min to make up for the 2000 plus min I use every month in my m2m use.

I know that every body is as lucky as I to have everybody on the same network. However Alltel also let's u keep ur m2m and have 10 numbers from ANY NETWORK OR ANY NUMBER.

zeyrah no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by mrmoto
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if ur not using all ur "anytime" min ok, so be it, they roll over but ur paying for unused min. With unlimited m2m, there no cap so there's no worry for roll over. I use o prob close to 3500 min total. But only have. 500 in plan. By my math u would have to roll over a lot of min to make up for the 2000 plus min I use every month in my m2m use.

I know that every body is as lucky as I to have everybody on the same network. However Alltel also let's u keep ur m2m and have 10 numbers from ANY NETWORK OR ANY NUMBER.

True, but with Tmo, anyone in a family plan can have their fav 5, unlike Alltel, where you have to spilt your 10n with the members of your family.......And you can still add mobile to mobile if needed!
    ~Zey

Nakim21 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Coverage and service

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I just dumped Sprint yesterday and went with AT&/Cingular. So far it's definately the best thing I have ever done and I love this 8800. Good ridance Sprint!

rgswff no está en línea Stack level 1

Cingular/AT&T because they have good coverage in my area and that is the one work will pay for.

yeshuawatso no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D00278

Just switched from Sprint, to AT&T, and then to T-Mobile. I would have stuck with AT&T but their Blackberry rates were too high. T-Mobile had the best data rate plans but the coverage varies widely in my area. At my office downtown, I get full bars, at home, only two.

The best part about t-mo though, is that I can just switch the network to AT&T and get Edge and it's speeds without actually being an AT&T customer.

Gotta love those agreements.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by zeyrah
    I am a TSR for the blackberry/pda department.(And hopefully soon I will be a senior rep. I have my 2nd interview on Monday! ::crosses fingers:) You?

I'm a retail sales rep. I'm waiting for my chance to move up to a senior rep. Hopefully ill have my own store. One of these days. Good luck to u

RIVERINE no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3146A554

I'm with sprint good service in va and there coverage goes over sea plus being in the military I can stop my plan when I need to go on ops. But with thee coverage I stay connected now.

Tortuga no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32BE293D

Sprint, Used to work there, now am feeling the pain.... lost my free berry plan and cant afford to pay it, so i just use the 30 dollar sero.... still good device for txt, pim
    Last edited by Tortuga; 08-16-2007 at 05:01 PM.

Tortuga no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32BE293D

Quote Originally Posted by Tortuga
    Sprint, Used to work there, now am feeling the pain.... lost my free berry plan and cant afford to pay it, so i just use the 30 dollar sero.... still good device for txt, pim
    Wow, At T mobile u can get unlimited txt and Bbery + 1000 minutes for 60 a month... thats pretty sick.

So basically u pay 20.00 for 1000 minutes... and 0 for unlimited txt. sweetness

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Verizon here. Work pays, and always has since the 957. I bet many of you dont even know what model that was

I honestly dont even know whats on my plan, i just use lots of minutes, well over a thousand, hundreds of megs of BB data. Supporting 6000 users now

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast