Okay, so I've recently learned about the eScreen with blackberry smartphones. I could not find ... General Blackberry forum

tsudeily no está en línea Stack level 1

What can you do with the eScreen?

Advertisement

Okay, so I've recently learned about the eScreen with blackberry smartphones. I could not find anything really that helpful on crackberry.com. Wondering if you all can help me out with this

So far I know you can change codec. What else?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You can totally screw up your Blackberry with one little mistake.

lol. Knew that one too lol.

I see you can "unbrand" your phone. Can you like edit the name of your phone? I mean is there a way to change in the about screen where you see Blackberry #### to Blackberry Tsudeily if I wanted to?

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    You can totally screw up your Blackberry with one little mistake.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    If you're asking questions about eScreen and you don't know what you're doing......DON'T DO IT!

If I didn't want to know more about the eScreen.. I would listen to this advice. It is good advice. Just not for someone who wants to learn. I'm mainly asking what can be done by accessing it. I want to learn as much as I can about these devices. I made the jump into smart phones in May, and read about the escreens on Crackberry. Searching I basicly found out that they don't like edit's in there mentioned on the site. So here I am.

I know I don't know enough to tinker around in there, I want to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    If you're asking questions about eScreen and you don't know what you're doing......DON'T DO IT!

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    You can do what ever you want to do there but the common result for people that doesn't have an idea f what is there is a bricked phone,
    You can find info of the OS you are using, when it was built and many more but my big advice has to be DO DOCUMENT anything you play with, so you have a way to revert.

Good idea, thanks for that tip. :P

Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    You can do what ever you want to do there but the common result for people that doesn't have an idea f what is there is a bricked phone,
    You can find info of the OS you are using, when it was built and many more but my big advice has to be DO DOCUMENT anything you play with, so you have a way to revert.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by tsudeily View Post
    If I didn't want to know more about the eScreen.. I would listen to this advice. It is good advice. Just not for someone who wants to learn. I'm mainly asking what can be done by accessing it. I want to learn as much as I can about these devices. I made the jump into smart phones in May, and read about the escreens on Crackberry. Searching I basicly found out that they don't like edit's in there mentioned on the site. So here I am.

I know I don't know enough to tinker around in there, I want to learn.
    Very respectable answer. I'm sure someone here will be able to help you learn, unfortunately I don't know the ins and outs of it. My warning was if you were sitting there getting ready to attempt to edit it and I was trying to save you the heartache.

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Tsudeily there is a thread here on pinstack that has a lot of info about the escreen. I'm mobile right now so I can't post the link to it but if you search escreen it is about the 4 or 5 thread down. Good luck and be very careful. I've read the thread several times and most of the info is over my head. BE CAREFUL. There is nothing like learning