Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've searched a lot of threads here, read up, etc. and wanted to get an ... General Blackberry forum

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3

What -- calender/address book/contact/to do/etc. -- do you use?

Advertisement

I've searched a lot of threads here, read up, etc. and wanted to get an idea from everyone. What is everyone using? Microsoft Outlook? ACT? the Blackberry platform itself? I have always used a Palm Pilot. It works for me, I like it, am used to it, etc.

One reason I ask is that I liked Outlook (as an e-mail agent) and was looking forward to moving from my Palm Pilot to Outlook (for everything). Just when I am getting good with Outllook, and pull the trigger on my first BB -- one of the companies who I deal with, due to compliance, E&O, and other reasons, mandated that we MUST use Lotus notes. Anyway, now I am with Lotus notes.

So, what's everyone using? Thank you very much in advance.

Eric

tweber78 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    214b43dc

Re: What -- calender/address book/contact/to do/etc. -- do you use?

I used to use lotus Notes. It's okay. i now use Outlook both professionaly and personally. i think overall it is better tool. Itried to use Thunderbird and sunbird from Mozzilla; but I can not get them to sync with my BB.
    ~Tweber78~
    akatweber78@pinstack.com
    Pinstack.com – where Blackberry Professionals Connect!

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

I've only used Outlook with my blackberry, so far it's working great!~
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

Thanks.

Are you also using Outlook as an e-mail agent?

Eric

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Both my gf and I use Outlook with our BB's. I think you can use outlook but only use Lotus for your notes. You should get an option in Desktop manager. It lets you use a different application for each field. At work I have my address book to synch up with Outlook express and everything else just synchs up with Outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by dasupaman23
    Both my gf and I use Outlook with our BB's. I think you can use outlook but only use Lotus for your notes.
    use Lotus for your notes? What do you mean "notes"? When you go to your laptop, desktop, etc. and you go to check your e-mails, are you going to and using Outlook?

I am forced to use Lotus Notes as my e-mail agent (if I am using the right word). So, whenever I am in the office, at home, and check my "corporate e-mail" and reply to them, I have to use Lotus Notes.

My assistant said that it is too bad we can't continue to use Outlook. She said there was pretty good integration between the functions. I didn't get a chance to learn any of it.

Eric

tweber78 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    214b43dc

Tech idiot,

Are you able to send and recieve email through your corporate email (lotus) with your BB? you should be able to reply with you BB, I would think.

If I remember correctly, I was unable to check my company email from home because I did not have Lotus notes. It was a while ago.
    ~Tweber78~
    akatweber78@pinstack.com
    Pinstack.com – where Blackberry Professionals Connect!

Sorry T.I. I thought you were just using Lotus for the "notes" application. I didn't realize it's what you use to check your email. I use outlook and am not really familiar with anything else for my work email.

Quote Originally Posted by tweber78
    Tech idiot,
    Are you able to send and recieve email through your corporate email (lotus) with your BB? you should be able to reply with you BB, I would think.
    Yes, I was told and many associates of mine are doing so.

I received an e-mail from the home office (the one that mandates we use Lotus notes) that said once I receive the BB, verify that it's been activated with my carrier, and charge it for 3 hours, I have to call them so that they can walk me through the installation process which includes putting my Lotus Notes ID up on their server and making sure the device syncs properly. (I am not sure what this means, but copied it so I didn't sound like a complete moron). I know the home office has a massive amount of BB stuff as I think a few thousand people are running around with BB's (all different carriers) and everyone was forced over to the Lotus notes system. I know they geared up for this move.

Quote Originally Posted by tweber78
    Tech idiot,
    If I remember correctly, I was unable to check my company email from home because I did not have Lotus notes. It was a while ago.
    Yes, I remember the "good old days", LOL. Before I had Lotus notes, I was using Outlook Express, then Outlook. Then, everything, with the home office (they had been using Lotus from inception) went to an intra-net type of thing, so for all communications with the home office, intra-company stuff, e-mail, etc. it was all Lotus with a different domain/e-mail address.

Eric

Anybody else?

I think I am going to use Outlook for everything -- unfortunately, except e-mail. I've been using a Palm for "I can't tell you how long". Anyway, just looking to make life simple. It's a very important goal for someone like me . . . a Tech Idiot, LOL.

Thanks.

Eric

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Where can I get a personal copy of Outlook to Synch with my BlackBerry? I only use the calendar and address book functions but I am only a college student with no access to any Exchange programs. Help?

What OS are you running on your PC? Most come pre loaded with Microsoft Outlook or Outlook express.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Windows XP

Home or Pro?

wrtgirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23CF680E

Erica: The MS Office Student/Teacher edition (full-blown Office) runs about $150 at Amazon.com. However, when I taught at a local university, we had a contract with Microsoft. You could buy the entire version of Office for $20 or something astronomically low. I don't know if MS still has contracts like that with academia, but its worth looking into.
    However, if you just want Outlook Express, it SHOULD be installed on your computer already, or should be installed if you download IE version 6 (if you're not already running it). (See details here: http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/ti...d_install.php3)
    Truthfully, I don't remember if Express includes a calendar system or not, but it would handle email and contacts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast