Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi, I'm new to Pinstack.. and I still don't have a BlackBerry... I'm in the ... General Blackberry forum

Lvalice no está en línea Stack level 1

What BB should I get?

Advertisement

Hi, I'm new to Pinstack.. and I still don't have a BlackBerry... I'm in the market to get a new one.. in fact, my first one!
    I was wondering what is the better one to get? And why..
    Thanks!

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Hi, welcome to pinstack and the wonderful world of blackberry.. If you are not in a rush, I would wait until the BB touch comes out. It is going to be the 9530 or BB storm as they are calling it.
    But if you don't feel like getting a touchscreen BB, and need it now, go with the Bold. Why... Well, those are the most recent Blackberries available. Good luck with your choice. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvalice View Post
    Hi, I'm new to Pinstack.. and I still don't have a BlackBerry... I'm in the market to get a new one.. in fact, my first one!
    I was wondering what is the better one to get? And why..
    Thanks!
    Welcome to the stack. Which carriers are you looking at or are you thinking of an unlocked phone. If you can tell us what you are wanting it to do I am sure we can all give you honest opinions and help you make the choice yhat is right for you.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hello Lvalice! Welcome to PinStack and soon to BlackBerry!

The best advice I could give you is to go into a store and handle each one to see which one feels best in your hand, which typing method you prefer (Pearl uses Suretype, meaning there are multiple letters per key vs. the Curve/88xx series which have full QWERTY keyboards).

I've used the QWERTY devices for years and doubt I could go to a Suretype phone without a struggle, so that is my preference, but again, you need to go physically handle both to really know how to make an educated decision.

Whichever way you go, you'll absolutely LOVE your BlackBerry and you'll soon be addicted like the rest of us that frequent this forum!

Which provider do you use?

Good luck!

Roer

Wow, you guys are fast.. lol. thanks for the quick responce.

pr24 no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you want functionality for emails, browsing and texting you can't go wrong with the Curve. I've had a curve and an 8800 (as well as an iphone and treos) and the curve is the best phone I have ever had, hands down. If size is an issue the pearl is nice, but you give up some screen and the great keyboard on the curve. Also depends on which carrier you are going to use. I've been on AT&T, but I'm considering a switch to Sprint because of their prices and data speed. There are lots of new phones on the way as well, bold, javelin and storm so you have a lot to choose from. The good thing is it seems like you have decided on a Blackberry, so now any choice you make will most likely be a good one.

Well, I still not sure what provider I will have.. like I said.. I'm just begining to look at all my options.

That's how we roll here, Lvalice!

Yes, there a some new devices coming out, too which I forgot to mention! Do you currently have a provider you're using? If you aren't married to a provider, the world is your oyster!

Good luck!

No current provider.. All I know is I envy the people with Blackberries and I want to be part of the "club".

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    When are you planning on getting it? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well, you're in the best darn place to glean knowledge and we're all glad to help!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Carter View Post
    When are you planning on getting it? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm not sure... You made me think about waiting for the new phones to come out.. but I will be getting it before the year is over. However.. it is a very hard choice.

If you can wait, I'd go with the Bold. That'll be the top of the line device, available through AT&T supposedly late next month.

Thank you guys for all your help. I took plenty of notes.. and I guess I have to sit down and compare. Size, Price, Keyboard, and service providers. Not easy task to do. ha ha ha

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Since you haven't got a carrier the cheapest way for you to get the newest phone is wait decide then get what you want with the new contract deals they all have.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast