I've attempted searching here and the web, but there is no clear cut answer that ... General Blackberry forum

MikeyXX no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204F0B8B

What are service books?

Advertisement

I've attempted searching here and the web, but there is no clear cut answer that I can find. The internet says a lot about clearing them, or resending them, etc, but does say what they are and what they do. Or how to read what's in them. Can anyone help?

MikeyXX no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204F0B8B
    Ok, funny, it's not until after you post does it give you similiar threads that might have the answer. Ok, so now I know it contains the configuration information for services provided to the blackberry. Now, does anyone know how to read them?

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    They aren't actually books in a physical sense, the BB reads the info in the service "books" which unlock certain features on your BB.

A program missing its service book is unusable without it so that's why people might have to resend them if a program or other feature of the phone stops working.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DrWoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D11279
    Another way of looking at it, is this... They are the instructions for your BB to read. It has all these abilities, but without the books it doesn't know what to do with it.

Dr. Woo

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Mikey, just curious but what do you want to read them for? Each service book has different settings that the app it is for uses to control the way it accesses the servers that provide the data that is needed.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles