My Blackberry battery is white with red x's. Does this mean it had water damage ... General Blackberry forum

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

wet battery?

Advertisement

My Blackberry battery is white with red x's. Does this mean it had water damage or is it normal?

Re: wet battery?

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspastic View Post
    My Blackberry battery is white with red x's. Does this mean it had water damage or is it normal?
    I don't know - mine is white with red Xs too, but you'd think that a battery when it gets wet is dead and mine works fine. I think that if the battery had a patch to indicate whether it had gotten wet or not, it would be the same as the device's patches, which are solid white and turn solid red when wet.

tj2311111 Guest

Mine is the same. White with red X's. And my Pearl hasn't even been exposed to water much less the battery. So I dont think that means it has water damage.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I set my Blackberry on what turned out to be a wet sink top - oops. The battery, but not the terminal part, got slightly wet. I let everything dry well and seem to have no problems. Just curious about those red x's.

dave627ny no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e8ca32

It is normal for the battery to be white with red xs. if it was water damaged then it would be completly red and you wouldnt see any white at all.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

If the Xs are distinct then you don't have a problem, The indicator patches are designed so that liquid will blur the image/color until finally morphing into a solid patch of color.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles