i wanted to write eveyone and let you all no that iam no longer a ... General Blackberry forum

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

Well gang, sigh, I have gone to the dark side

Advertisement

i wanted to write eveyone and let you all no that iam no longer a blackberry user in favor of a palm treo 650. Due to some reason happening with a new 8700c and a few earlier models i found that they were not trustworthy enogh. See i had all kinds of problems with them and it led me to seek something more reliable. I have to say about the the only thing i miss about my blackberry is the trackwheel and PIN messaging. As far as the rest is concerned it pales to the PALM. With my blackberry i couldn't attach files to e-mail messages but i can with the palm via versa mail. I am able to do so many other things with my palm that i could never do with my blackberry, example, Unbrand it. Very simple. I may one day come back to blackberry when the 8800 is reasonable in price but anyhow thanks everyone so very much for all your help with issues in the past and i will try to often get back on here and offer up my knowledge to anyone who needs help. i don't have a PIN number anymore so to contact me please leave me a private message.

thanks again
    Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Sorry you have left BB, good luck with the treo and like many I have seen before Im sure to see you back with BB very soon.

To each his own.

PIN/ID
    3115EE05

what i don't like about the BB

what i didn't like about the blackberry was no touchscreen, no support except pearl for SD/SDIO/MMC cards. limited internal memory. no camera support except pearl. the sheer amout of room the blackberry OS takes up. a 8700 has 64mb of ram and uses 58mb for the OS. My treo 650 has 32mb of ram and only 7 for the OS. My treo 650 far more capabilites for example. Why do you need to be on a BES or a BIS when you have something called Xpress mail that connects to your computer at home of office and allows not only access to e-mail but also to files. It also has something called Versa mail that come preconfigured with settings for not only pop and imap mail but also about 30 internet e-mail carriers such as gmail, hot mail msn mail etc etc. All you need is your user name and password and versa mail with do the rest. why is a BIS so important to PUSH e-mail on a basic network w hen the treo can do it on any cell network. The palm desktop also sync with your outlook accounts, contacts, calender etc etc when you do a hot sync, and it also sync with any of your accounts set up on versa mail. The BB is great for the business user perspective someone who send and recieves e-mail, basic web browsing etc etc. The treo seems to be more geared to the home user.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Blackberry was strictly Business before th Pearl launch, hence the No Media Card Support.

As for memory I would glady take more room for my OS than to have an inferior OS that cannot handle what the BB can, running multiple apps on a treo headed for a restart.

Not sure why BIS is so important although BB is one of the most secure devices, maybe that is why you have to do everything through them.

Touch screen, I was never a fan at least not for anything I might carry around with me.

Yeah the BB is more for business users and palm the home, although that is changing everyday and as palms sales show versus rims , and with RIM's next round of BB's coming out those those numbers will only grow.

Let us know in a month how its going with the treo, Good luck and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    noooooooooooooooooo

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    I don't know about what you had on your 8700, that used up so much memory, but mine was never below about 25MB of free memory. And that included all the additional Apps and Data I had on it.

Just my experience
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Sorry to see you switched, i have a 2007 prediction?
    we will see you again and we will all enjoy seeing you again.
    You will have a different model BB and all will be good.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Even though we here at pinstack have a biased opinion... we do understand that a Blackberry isnt for everyone. That is why there are different phone manufacturers and different carriers, etc...

I wish you the best, I am sad to see you go because you were such a good little helper this year.

You dont have to stop visiting pinstack at all, contribute as you wish and maybe one day a BlackBerry that best fits your needs will come out and you will return.

Merry Christmas to you and yours...

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe
    have a Merry Christmas and a great New Year! sorry to hear about your bb experience. I hope that you find what your looking for and it suites your needs.
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

PIN/ID
    3115EE05
    i had decided i needed something different becaue i had gone through 7 different models of the blackberry this year trying to find what suited me best. several of the models i had problem after problem witht hem and subsiquently went back to the store for replacements. i have used a 7290 the longest and to be honest it was the better of them all in my opinion. aside from not having the high quality screen that the 8700 had it ran the same, no fatser or slower. the 8700 really gave me no more capability than the 7290 and was certainly less durable. i have known several folks who have had dropped the 8700 a single time and shattered the LCD screen or worse. i also hated the fact the after only installing the the basic OS from cingular it only had about 5% memory free. so far i have had the treo 650 a week and i have not had to contact some help site ot tech support site for issues. i was able to get the help i need right from the phone or the manual that came witht he phone. i think honestly that is rim made a phone that had touch screen capabilities, memory card function that was accessible without removing the battery had as high a quality camera with the same video and photo capabilities, less dependency on a specialized network etc etc i would buy one. As far as WiFi is concerned i ordered a WiFi SDIO card for the treo so i can use VoIP from my wireless router at home. try that with a BB. As far as my next phone purchase i have my eyes on the new treo 700. The other thing to remember is that an OS doesn't have to take up tons of room and memeroy to be good. My palm OS is 5.4.8 and it shows more consistancy in development because everytime RIM comes out with a new handheld they have to re-invent the wheel in software development. Palm OS has been tried and tested and true for almost 10 years now. BB about 5 or so. Anyhow, merry christmas everyone.

The SPCS Guy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30F558F8
    Being that I am new around here, sorry I didn't get to communicate and forum chat with you over the time you were a BB user.
    I'm not sure aabout Treo's, but they never appealed to me.
    I'm sure you will be back with a new BB when the new ones come out. If I am a 1st time 8100 user who loves it, then I'm sure your heart is not gone that fast!

JE

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up

it's alrite! Happy Holidays!!

PIN/ID
    3115EE05
    i just got a peak at the new palm 680 and the bb8800 . in the 8800 the lack of a camera totally turns me from it. Now the palm 680 has 128 of rom and 64 of ram while having 64 mb of ram totally usuer accessable. Looks to me like i won't be buying an 8800 hundred.