Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yeah, if Im active or riding my bike I may use my 8700 instead of ... General Blackberry forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Advertisement

Yeah, if Im active or riding my bike I may use my 8700 instead of my 8300 for obvious reasons, the 8700 is tougher and rides better in the saddlebag

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ak602 View Post
    Does anyone sim swap with a nice phone for those off times. Like nights or weekends.
    I do, and it works really well. It’s a great way to enjoy the ability to switch phones when you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by ak602 View Post
    I work in the construction industry and i feel like i may damage the berry. But I also worry about swapping sims daily causing damage to the devices. Wish I could have the berry as data only and a phone for voice. With AT&T its very difficult.
    This is a great question, one that I asked myself a few years ago. The answer is no risk , you have nothing to worry about when switching sims. Just use a little caution, don’t rush it and you will be fine. I have switched a single sim card between as many as three different phones daily for many months. I have a large collection of “other” regulars (non-smart phones) that I enjoy using from time to time. Especially for the same reason as others here. There are times and places that I simply do not want to take my “best” BB out into. Like hiking on the weekends, I use an old RAZR V3, drop it in my pocket and not worry about it. Upon returning I simply remove the sim and install it back into my BB.

Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin View Post
    I work in a cabinet shop and have often worried about the state of health my blackberry is in. I would rather carry a different phone at work. Maybe 2 phones tied to the same phone number? I'm not sure if that's possible. I've been looking into cheap phones just for this purpose.
    I learned the problem with this is the two phones would then have identical sim chips in them. As your sim chip carries your personal account info with your carrier. If they were to issue two identical sims then there is the possibility that one could be given to a friend or family member which in turn would deny the carrier an opportunity to sell that person their own phone, and thus another activation and account for the carrier 2 would be lost.

Hope these answers have helped.

Cheers

toyoter91 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I will a lot of times rock my N73 Nokia or my 8800 Nokia when i go out.

But its more because i dont like to carry the curve seeing as its pretty large.

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    i switch between my pearl and an htc wizard every now and then

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Nokia 8800, and Nokia 6120

Red BB 8110, or Titanium BB 8120

via: Red BB 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~

neondeception no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by jgagnon01 View Post
    My BlackBerry is a nice phone, which is in use 24/7. Why would anyone need to swap it?
    I swap sims for my Samsung T509 to use the very old feature that RIM decided to leave out on this phone. A video camera. One of my favorite things.
    Life is like a movie, you've sat through half of it and its sucked so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the end to make it all worthwhile. you shouldn't get blamed for walking out early

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Picked up a Nokia 1208 (couldn't find the 2610 I wanted) as a backup. I may switch the SIM to my other BB if I want to LOL
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 06-13-2008 at 02:06 AM.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I use my company's crappy Nextel I670. I just forward all my calls to it when i go to the beach or i go to one of NYC's crazy clubs. Once I get back home I immediately switch to my amazing curve.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Picked up a Nokia 1208 (couldn't find the 2610 I wanted) as a backup. I may switch the SIM to my other BB if I want to LOL

Nokia?

What's a Nokia?

I thought I knew my BlackBerry model history well, but I don't remember a Nokia? Hmmm.....

via: Red BB 8310

crutcherk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3280610B
    I have a pbeurssionneasls kind of life. Swapping devices does not make practicle sense for me. My 8830 as become a swiss army knife like device for me. Just give me my BB and a roll of duct tape and I'll save the world.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cabinets no está en línea Stack level 3
    Had a 1st gen. iPhone I swapped ou till I sold it. Soon, Bold will be primary and my curve will be back up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12