Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i didn't put in icon urls.. Do u absolutely have 2 do that? ... General Blackberry forum

noliprosequi no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i didn't put in icon urls.. Do u absolutely have 2 do that? I did hit the esc button and it asked 2 save, I did and it didn't do nething.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Yes you have to fill in the image url.........if not, it will just keep saying downloading icon while it tries to find it.......plus that's the point of the program...to give you easily recognizable shortcut icon...
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~any idea where I can find a bunch? Other then the 1s in that other thread.

Not yet......I'm getting ready for work now....but I'll probably play with this tonight......do some searching. If I can't find the ones I want I'll figure out how to make my own. When I figure that out I'll let you know .

If you find anything post back here too. You may also want to contact the pinstack user, http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...r.php?u=338799 who posted the thread I linked here. They may be able to tell how they made the ones they posted.
    Twitter? My Apps List

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~alright, thanks, keep in touch and let me know what u find.

I will......let me know if you find anything either.......do some searching when you have time too.....don't make me do all the work lol!!!!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ hey, I looked but couldn't find ne sites on google. I did contact my sales rep who has the same phone and he will hopefully email me back 2moro.

disctosser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!
    Very cool azstar. Thanks for the link and info.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by noliprosequi View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ hey, I looked but couldn't find ne sites on google. I did contact my sales rep who has the same phone and he will hopefully email me back 2moro.

OK, I found a way to do it. You need a good photo editing program like Adobe Photoshop, or I used GIMP...it's a free download, here's the link:

http://www.gimp.org/

I found an image from google images.....edited in GIMP and uploaded...

This is my first one....not totally happy with it...but will have more time maybe this weekend to work on it. I made the MySpace icon on the top right:

If you have questions I'll try to help.....but really I just followed the instructions on GIMP....the finished size of your image should be no bigger than 32x32

EDIT: one slightly annoying thing about using this shortcut program...is that each time you restart your BB, the icons lose their images and you have to click the icons again so they will reload.....but it is still faster than opening the browser and finding a bookmark....you just have tomake a habit of clicking them after each restart so the icons will be visible when needed...
    Last edited by azstar; 06-04-2008 at 11:43 AM.
    Twitter? My Apps List

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ ok. I can dl that program on my phone or should I do it on my pc?

GIMP is for your PC
    Twitter? My Apps List

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ blah, I'm gonna c if my vz guy emails me back and tells me how 2 add these links the easy way. Cuz I'm feelin a bit lazy-work the next 5 days straight.. Blah

There is no easy way to get these icons.....the easiest way you can access the sites that don't already have downloadable icons is to just put bookmarks to the sites in your BB browser.

But if you want the ability to just see an icon and click it.....it takes a small bit of work....but once you do it, things are very easy
    Twitter? My Apps List

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ no according 2 the sales reps @ verizon there is a really easy way 2 do the whole thing.

You'll have to share what they tell you........I'm all for easy if there's an easier way.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast