I have a pearl running on cingular os 4.2.0.69 I don't have a bb plan ... General Blackberry forum

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

Web browser won't quit

Advertisement

I have a pearl running on cingular os 4.2.0.69 I don't have a bb plan just a data plan and only use the mini opera for web browsing for some reason I noticed the bb browser is always open and I have tried numerous times to quit it but it gives me an error message I tried the battery reset and nothing the error on the browser reads : incaught exception illegal Java Lang argument exception .

I don't use the bb browser nor intend to as it will not work without the bb plan and I don't want one for now, however I would like to fix the problem thankx in advance to all who reply.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Web browser won't quit

I don't think you can get rid of it. There are 5 applications that always run and that is one of them.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

You can try deleting the Browser application. Go to (Settings/Tools -->) Options --> Advanced Options --> Applications. Highlight Browser, hit the Menu button and select Delete.

Be prepared to reinstall the OS though. As reddog indicated, this app always runs and may have core functions that other apps use.
    JerryD

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

Ohh jeez I tought this wasn't normal if its like that ill just leave it heh, I'm a newb!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

It's completely normal. As reddog187 says there are several apps that will always run in the background.