Hey guys, I currently use the Gmail app because I get a lot of junk ... General Blackberry forum

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3

Any way to just send outgoing mail via gmail, not get incoming?

Advertisement

Hey guys,

I currently use the Gmail app because I get a lot of junk mail on there and I rather not have my blackberry filled with gmail messages. Therefore, I just use my school email address since all those emails are important.

I do send out a lot of emails from my phone and I would like to use my gmail address to do that instead of my school address.

So......is there any way I can hook up my gmail to the push account, but only send emails from it? I don't want to be receiving emails from my gmail account. I use the gmail app for that since it keeps it more "clean" since gmail groups emails together like threaded SMS

Thanks guys

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    Hey guys,

I currently use the Gmail app because I get a lot of junk mail on there and I rather not have my blackberry filled with gmail messages. Therefore, I just use my school email address since all those emails are important.

I do send out a lot of emails from my phone and I would like to use my gmail address to do that instead of my school address.

So......is there any way I can hook up my gmail to the push account, but only send emails from it? I don't want to be receiving emails from my gmail account. I use the gmail app for that since it keeps it more "clean" since gmail groups emails together like threaded SMS

Thanks guys
    I think you might be able to login to the Blackberry Internet Service Website, I use vzw and mine is, https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw Once there I can set up a filter. You can use the filter, do not foward the emails to my device. But you have to set your Gmail up for the push service. Then just use that filter and see if that works for you.
    -Josh

Quote Originally Posted by JoshSeawell View Post
    I think you might be able to login to the Blackberry Internet Service Website, I use vzw and mine is, https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw Once there I can set up a filter. You can use the filter, do not foward the emails to my device. But you have to set your Gmail up for the push service. Then just use that filter and see if that works for you.

Thanks!

I think I figured it out

Do I have to set the filter to

Email Account: xxxxxxxx@gmail.com

Change this filter by selecting new criteria.

Filter name:
    Apply filter when: "new mail arrives"

Or can I leave that blank and have "do not forward messages" when "no filters apply"? Thanks

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I think you can just use the "When No Filter apply" -> Do not forward messages to device. This works for me, when I try it...
    -Josh

Quote Originally Posted by JoshSeawell View Post
    I think you can just use the "When No Filter apply" -> Do not forward messages to device. This works for me, when I try it...
    Thanks buddy!