hi stackers this morning i was in the bathroom standing over the toilet ,my curve ... General Blackberry forum

risk116 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30fde7bb

water damage curve now what? plz help

Advertisement

hi stackers
    this morning i was in the bathroom standing over the toilet ,my curve 8330 sticking out my pocket slipped out fell in,i grabed it soon as it hit the water it was blinking the screen light ,i pulled battery out took it apart used a blow dryer on it , dryied pretty good cause the water only got in through the head set hole and probably the usb port but i got that dry ,i put it all back togeather and itcomes on ok it gets me to the desk top i cant scroll to diffrent things but when i click the scroll ball on an icon nothing happens and i told friend to call me and it rings tells me whos calling but i cant answer it ,,and the menu button wont do anything i cant use the menu so basically i got a phone but nothing works but the scrolling and the screen being on,,any experts on this? or any one know what i should do? it sucks a day before my birthday,,oct 6 but the bright side is fed x should be deliverying me a storm i ordered for my b-day but i wanted to gibve this one to my wife ,,now i dont know what todo i kept it apart to sit a few days and see if later it will work ,,any one have anything they can tell me about what to do>? need feed back your feed back is highly apreciated thanks for your time in reading this
    manny

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Go ahead and pull the Battery back out and then get you some rice. Wrap the device in paper towels and put it in the bag of rice for at least 24 hours. I also wouldn't recommend the blow dryer in the future unless on a very low setting. Hopefully nothing was messed up by putting the battery back to soon and everything starts working again after the rice treatment.

Hank061978 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am assuming the rice is used to soak up any moisture left in the phone, or is this a joke? Man, I hope I don't look stupid asking this!!!

-Hank
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You are correct, Hank, and it does work.

risk116 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30fde7bb

Thumbs up

thanks guys i took the phone apart again, let it site in pieces for 4 hours on my dresser ,just put the key board in and the battery turned it on and bam! i was able to click on messages and on menu even made a phone call so i then put it back togeather and lucky me its working just fine thank you all for your replies and ill remember the rice thing in the future thanks guys
    manny

blacbeauty01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile

My pearl did the same thing, took the battery out, closed the battery cover, put it in a ziploc bag with rice and was ready to go in about 4 hours, absorbed the moisture in the phone!